"Genuine new Canon" ink with no chips

Hi,

I just openned the mail and got the cartridges out for my Canon ip4850. It was a full set of new, factory sealed ink. I just unwrapped them, they looked corect, shrink wrap and cap like as normal.

I clipped the new ink in my printer, and no go. None of the ink cartridges had factory chip fitted for ink level.

I contected the seller asking why these were not as desribed. i have not heard back, but I am wondering what rights i have for a refund or new ones sent?

I only use genuine ink. These were desribed as genuine ink with factory waranty etc etc, but no chips. That is not new, that is used refills.

Hope someone can advise me.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

does sound like a Cheap or conterfit cartiges to me.

If paid for by PayPal (I hope you did)  Lodge a claim as Not as described or As Conterfit item.

If seller refunds you you can always cancel claim sometimes the claim gets the seller to sit up & pay attention.

D'oh
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I did pay by PayPal, always do. I will wait a day or two to hear from this guy. If he does not help, I will do the claim. Just very annoying as I need this for printing photos for clients.

Thanks 🙂

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Best to give the seller a few more days to see what they have to say, if you still have no luck then open a NAD dispute

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Best to give the seller a few more days to see what they have to say, if you still have no luck then open a NAD dispute

If the seller hasn't responded since Monday I wouldn't bother giving them any more time, just open the PP dispute and don't close until you are satisfied

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply