recalled item

Hi all I recieved a message from eBay saying an item i purchaseda long time ago has been recalled. I have contacted the seller he told me to contact the help desk .?? Well the option is not there I just keep getting sent back to page one. this is the item..
Item details: 175150186923 - 300Mbps Wifi Extender Repeater Range Booster AP Router AU Wireless-N 802.11 HOT. Cheers Chris.

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Re: recalled item

@sugar249 wrote:

Re Ebay assisting, they are only a listing platform and not the seller,  they are being a good corporate citizen, and alerting the buyer,  for all we know they may also have alerted the seller.  The seller has the responsibility to resolve any recalls not Ebay.

Re your question is it a genuine notice,  if you had bothered to read through the whole thread, OP says there was also a copy in their Ebay messages.  So not a scam email

I read through the whole thread and yes I saw that OP says it was in ebay messages.

And okay I am cynical but I am still not 100% convinced it was from ebay, which is why I would be getting onto ebay help, if only to confirm ebay did in fact send that message.

And yes, it is the seller's responsibility to resolve any recalls. But I'll suggest this. If ebay sent a message to the seller about a recall (which you would definitely expect to be the case if they also sent messages to buyers) and a buyer contacts ebay to say a seller is not resolving the issue and if ebay can see the message-directing the buyer back to ebay help desk, no resolution-then maybe ebay needs, as a good corporate citizen, to immediately ban that seller from listing on ebay.

Message 31 of 34
Latest reply

I found this discussion after posting the same problem.

It comes down to the inadequate menus that ebay provide to contact them through the help desk.

The supplier is still listed with ebay so presumably ebay has some leverage over the supplier to get a solution if only it could be raised with them.  

Message 32 of 34
Latest reply

File a return request. Recalls are covered under the money back guarantee as recalled items are required to be refunded. If you got injured from the recall item it’s a lawsuit. All stores are required to refund for recalled items. I’ve even returned a 2 year old crib before because it was recalled even though I was no longer using it. The item can’t be sold, or resold by law. If I were to resell the crib instead of returning it, then if someone got injured, that’d be a lawsuit.

If the seller isn’t responding, file a return claim. Then eBay will step in when the seller doesn’t respond. 

Message 33 of 34
Latest reply

@maryb0berry wrote:

File a return request. Recalls are covered under the money back guarantee as recalled items are required to be refunded. 

If the seller isn’t responding, file a return claim. Then eBay will step in when the seller doesn’t respond. 

I think we have gone full circle. 

The problem for rover gunn is presumably he is not able to open a return request as it is well past the 30 day window. He purchased this a long time ago.

That was why he wanted to be able to get through to an ebay help desk in order to speak to a real person on ebay. He couldn't figure out how to get past the bots, from what I can make out.

The interesting thing in the message from ebay was that it said, 

We’re reaching out to you because an item you purchased may have been recalled or pose a safety hazard. 

If ebay had wanted to step in, it could have done so  but it hasn't stopped sellers listing those items, from what others on here have reported.

My guess is that it isn't definite that this particular item is the same one that has been recalled.

Message 34 of 34
Latest reply