refund// partial refund on damaged items

HI,

Recently bought a dress, nwt. When it arrived there were 3 separate areas of staining, the one of prime concern  dark black

(?grease) stains on the front skirt area of the dress.

I'm not at all confident the black grease stains would come out with a dry clean. They are not v large, but the dress is light cream, so they are quite noticeable.

Contacted ( the very new) seller, providing 3 pics of damage. She asked what I wanted and i asked to return the dress for a refund

she refused saying she didnt' do refunds, the damage was minimal, the dress was still wearable, I had got a bargain and she would give me $20 off. She also implied I inflicted the damage myself.

After several increasingly hostile emails I have opened a case asking for a return and a  full refund

She responded saying she wouldn't refund and the dress was perfectly fine to wear

she subsequently has made a formal offer for a $25 refund

I REALLY dont want the dress , i'm not particularly fussy, but I'm really not happy about all the staining. It's signficiantly not as described

Is there any disadvantage for me as the buyer rejecting the partial refund? Am i likely to have my request for a full refund rejected?

( i have excedllent paypal and ebay buying history)

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Lovely, thanks.

and obvioulsy, given that there is 3 separrate areas of damage 0 nond of them mentioined in description - I have anything to lose by rejectign the offer?

Ebay is not likely to think I 'm being unreasonable?

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

@2007vera wrote:

Lovely, thanks.

and obvioulsy, given that there is 3 separrate areas of damage 0 nond of them mentioined in description - I have anything to lose by rejectign the offer?

Ebay is not likely to think I 'm being unreasonable?

Rowena, you are the only one to make this decision.

You purchased in good faith - you read the description - you paid.

You forwarded images of the garment with stains - to the seller.

If the item was not what you purchased then by all means submit a claim.

eBay has no right to determine you 'unreasonable'.

When have they ever been reasonable.

And the seller sounds as if she could do with a wake up call on her selling - we sellers are all being tarred with the one brush due to this kind of selling activity. 

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply