'return label'

Hi

I purchased an item that was found to be faulty on arrival.  I went on ebay and advised them I wanted to return the item for a refund.  

I received an email from ebay sayig the return had been accepted and to wait for the seller to give me a 'return label'.  This is the first time I have needed to return something so I waited, but I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to receive the label as the email from ebay didn't give any details.  The emails are also 'no reply' so when  they said they were going to cancel my return as I hadn't sent it back, I couldn't tell them that I didn't receive a label.  I have since been going around in circles trying to find a way to contact the seller or ebay to advise them of this, without success.  Everything I try brings me back to the return screen whichs says it has been cancelled.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

'return label'

what is the item number?
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

'return label'

Hi,

I'm going through the exact same thing. Ebay said they would email me a Return Label but no label sent, they can give me a tracking number though!. The Post Office can't print a label from the tracking number as the seller suggested to do. This is crazy. Ebay has charged the seller for the return label but  have not sent it to me. I have no way of communicating with ebay with this issue so I will have to pay registered postage back to the seller. Not happy.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

'return label'

Are your purchases from Australia ? If they are oversea's a seller can not provide a return label

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

'return label'

@sealhead wrote:

Hi,

I'm going through the exact same thing. Ebay said they would email me a Return Label but no label sent, they can give me a tracking number though!. The Post Office can't print a label from the tracking number as the seller suggested to do. This is crazy. Ebay has charged the seller for the return label but  have not sent it to me. I have no way of communicating with ebay with this issue so I will have to pay registered postage back to the seller. Not happy.

My understanding is the seller has to actually generate the label and send it to the buyer. Ebay dont send the label. The problem is, as buyers have noted ebay does not provide the buyer with any information on how the label is going to arrive and what to do with it AND they dont provide the seller with any information on how to generate the label and get it to the buyer. As sellers we are just supposed to know. Its OK if a seller is using ebays postal systems but many sellers ( including me ) use Australia Post business accounts which give discounts based on volume sent. 

I,ve sold over 20,000 items on ebay and I dont know how to generate a return postal label and frankly, I,m not interested in learning.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply