rip off chinese sellers!

dbsm_11
Community Member

ebay just continues to let chinese sellers list items in australia and ship from china. also ive just proved that numerous chinese sellers list items for sale they dont have in person and are being shipped from some warehouse somewhere, and all these sellers are selling **bleep** for the same warehouse! all while using a stock photo that isnt what the listed item is. then when you ask for a refund they offer a partial refund and you keep the incorrect garbage! ive tried contacting ebay several times but they dont care cause they are getting a cut out of the sales. im contacting the ACCC and department of fair trading as this is blatant false advertising and ebay doesnt care and sides with the seller EVERYTIME!! im done and am going to try my hardest to get ebay fined or shut down! im so sick of this coming out of my pocket while these  chinese sellers just keep flogging their garbage with ebays approval! **bleep** ebay!

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: rip off chinese sellers!

@padi*0409 wrote:

@dbsm_11 wrote:

........how much is ebay paying you to defend them? you getting a cut out of the sales too?

Typical response from posters that don't get the answer they want..............

...I have heard a rumour that they are paying you 100 times more than they are paying me.

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

...I have heard a rumour that they are paying you 100 times more than they are paying me.

Oh dear, do eBay shares count as "payment" then ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

@dbsm_11 wrote:

again i click the australia only check box, it shouldnt be up to me as a buyer to investigate if the item is actually IN australia. whats the point of clicking "australia only" if people can just lie about where the item is located? youd think if i clicked the "australia only" check box that items from china shouldnt show up? sellers based in china shouldnt come up in the search? but guess what. 99% of the sellers are based in china. so i guess thats my fault for clicking australia only and not checking that the seller listing items is in "australia only" how stupid of me. my whole point is ebay is not stopping these scammers. i just have to keep buying wrongly listed items and just keep doing refunds till i get the correct item? does that make sense? or am i just the idiot whos not getting it? SMFH

Yes, I understand your complaint. You may be interested to know it works the other way round too. Several years ago, my sister & I were selling some items & listed as "Australian only' & one of the items sold to someone in NZ. We were astounded & it turned out 'Australia only' didn't block overseas buyers. We needed to tick some other section to exclude specific countries.

The people selling to you are not scammers as such in that ebay makes it perfectly legal for overseas based sellers to list their stock as being here. Some have stock in warehouses etc

If you're finding though that 99% of your sellers are always turning out to be Chinese then it could possibly come down to what specific items you are looking for. A lot of the stuff I look up does tend to be located in Australia with Australian sellers anyway, so I don't constantly have trouble.

I agree that it is annoying sometimes how ebay is flooded with Chinese junk but basically, they don't seem to be in any hurry to change the system so all you can do is check seller location. It's an extra click but worth it. And look closely at the expected delivery date as that's a big clue too. Keep them to it.

If an item is what you want & it arrives on time and it is exactly as described, those are the main things to worry about.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

@dbsm_11 wrote:

I agree that it is annoying sometimes how ebay is flooded with Chinese junk but basically, they don't seem to be in any hurry to change the system so all you can do is check seller location. It's an extra click but worth it. And look closely at the expected delivery date as that's a big clue too. Keep them to it.

They wouldnt be on Ebay if buyers didnt want ''Çhinese Junk"as you put it.

But lets be honest a lot of the good stuff on here is also made in china.

OP just needs to learn to do due diligence and check the sellers Feedback,  99% of the time that will weed out the dodgy sellers.  But it sounds like they cant be bothered, just want to Ebay to do it for them.

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

You're right, a lot of our things are made in China. I actually don't like the fact so much of our industry has closed down here, I think it is a shame.

But I know that's the reality.

As far as buying on ebay though, I prefer to buy from Australian sellers if I can. I have bought from Chinese sellers both here and on aliexpress and have had no trouble with it, but I am careful what I buy-nothing electrical or anything like that.

I think sometimes it depends on what you are buying as to whether most of the ads on ebay will be from China or not. For instance I have recently been looking at baking tins and just about all the ones coming up are from Australia.

If OP really doesn't want to buy from China though, he or she will just have to do the extra click to check seller location.

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

I'm fed up with these sellers. Had a complaint open with eBay "Help" the other day and they wouldn't come to the party about refunding me their commission due to allowing this to continue. The "Help" member claimed he understood why I was expecting eBay to allow it to continue... why not, no skin off their nose because they still get their commission. Right! The other thing that annoys me is that not only are my items always late but this is another way the Chinese Government are assisting business from a communist country to erode the state of our good, democratic Australian economy. This is because basically eBay are turning a blind eye to the fact that these sellers are, en-masse, successfully avoiding the 10% GST obligations that eBay made with the Australian Government about imported items on their platform. So eBay still get get paid, the Chinese sellers screw us over and genuine Australian businesses get hollowed out by the Chinese. Way to go eBay!

Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

The Basics of Ebay? I am a seller/buyer. My last 7 out of 7 orders have been from Chinese sellers with Australian flags on every item and a location set as Sydney. They are starting to use fake Courier Companies for tracking who fake Attempted deliveries to make it look as if it is Domestic when really its just taking a long time from China. If every buyer has to learn the so called basics say goodbye to Ebay. It's BASIC for ebay to fix the issue but they don't out of CHOICE. This company has helped chinese sellers for over a decade and personally that's a delete from me. Haha the Basics.. Just stop helping the chinese scam us. Problem Solved. 

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

The basics.  Exactly right

An Australian Flag photo means nothing

It does not tell you which city the seller is registered in, so it does not say the seller is registered in Sydney

The item location and where the seller is registered is not the same thing 

The basics

Have you reported undeclared drop shipping?

Have you reported item location misrepresentation?

Do you check seller feedback before buying?

Your recent feedback is  from a seller registered in China

Some of your feedback from sellers registered here is rubbish

Buyers like yourself could choose to stop supporting such sellers but would rather buy from 

You are shown the estimated delivery date before you buy

You are given the tools if things are not as they should be

100% buying basics

If buyers don’t care and just buy anything from anyone, that is the buyers choice

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

@jnizl wrote:

The Basics of Ebay? I am a seller/buyer. My last 7 out of 7 orders have been from Chinese sellers with Australian flags on every item and a location set as Sydney. They are starting to use fake Courier Companies for tracking who fake Attempted deliveries to make it look as if it is Domestic when really its just taking a long time from China. If every buyer has to learn the so called basics say goodbye to Ebay. It's BASIC for ebay to fix the issue but they don't out of CHOICE. This company has helped chinese sellers for over a decade and personally that's a delete from me. Haha the Basics.. Just stop helping the chinese scam us. Problem Solved. 

Stop buying from Chinese sellers then. It's really not that hard.

Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

@jnizl wrote:

You says its basic for Ebay to fix the problem,  its just as basic for you,  don't buy from them and if you do leave them apprpriate feedback,  you seemed to have being happy 

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply