rip off chinese sellers!

dbsm_11
Community Member

ebay just continues to let chinese sellers list items in australia and ship from china. also ive just proved that numerous chinese sellers list items for sale they dont have in person and are being shipped from some warehouse somewhere, and all these sellers are selling **bleep** for the same warehouse! all while using a stock photo that isnt what the listed item is. then when you ask for a refund they offer a partial refund and you keep the incorrect garbage! ive tried contacting ebay several times but they dont care cause they are getting a cut out of the sales. im contacting the ACCC and department of fair trading as this is blatant false advertising and ebay doesnt care and sides with the seller EVERYTIME!! im done and am going to try my hardest to get ebay fined or shut down! im so sick of this coming out of my pocket while these  chinese sellers just keep flogging their garbage with ebays approval! **bleep** ebay!

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: rip off chinese sellers!

@jnizl wrote:

The Basics of Ebay? I am a seller/buyer. My last 7 out of 7 orders have been from Chinese sellers with Australian flags on every item and a location set as Sydney. They are starting to use fake Courier Companies for tracking who fake Attempted deliveries to make it look as if it is Domestic when really its just taking a long time from China. If every buyer has to learn the so called basics say goodbye to Ebay. It's BASIC for ebay to fix the issue but they don't out of CHOICE. This company has helped chinese sellers for over a decade and personally that's a delete from me. Haha the Basics.. Just stop helping the chinese scam us. Problem Solved. 

There are a lot of things I believe ebay could do better in. Showing actual seller registration area is definitely one. I have said ad nauseum that it could easily be added onto the main ad page, along with item location.

I think it should be, because many casual buyers would not even think to look for seller registration, they assume item loocation covers that. Looking up where a seller is registered is not (to me) part of the basics.

Many Chinese ads show an aussie flag, that's true. I have found that flags are most often (not always, but often) used by big sellers of cheap items.

The part of your comment that worries me though is you say buyers are often given false tracking details when the item is really taking a long time to come from China.

One thing that is basic and very clear on every ad now is the estimated date range of arrival.

The sellers can use flags, cite items as being in Australia, but they can't hide the Estimated arrival date.

A buyer should know when the package is late & if no sensible tracking record is available, that is when a buyer should immediately open an ebay claim. No hesitation. 

Buyers should at the very least read up about what to do if an item does not arrive on time & act accordingly.

It doesn't matter if the item is in China or here, it needs to be delivered in the expected window and buyers should keep sellers to that or else open a claim and get money back.

Message 31 of 36
Latest reply

Totally agree with your rant!

Today I have been dudded by a Chinese Ebayer falsely claiming to be an Aussie.

The seller listing offered 4 day shipping from Melbourne. 12 days later no sign of item.

I complained and was told by the seller Australia Post takes 15-18 days to send a parcel across Melbourne.

Australia Post does in fact take 2-4 days intrastate.

We all know whats going on. The damn thing which is probably a counterfeit Chinese item not made by Sony at all is coming from damn China hence the 18 day delivery..........GRRR

You have to wonder who actually owns Ebay Australia maybe the CCP?  that they are OK with Chinese merchants doing anything they want, literally.

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

Post the item number here. 

You need to check where the seller is registered, not simply look at item location (which can be lied about).

Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

I complained and was told by the seller Australia Post takes 15-18 days to send a parcel across Melbourne

As you well know that is not true. The information was available to you before you bought. If you had bothered to spend a few seconds checking the seller out.

Why did you not open an Item Not Received case?

You're not exactly new and should have a reasonable idea of how eBay works. if not, complaining on the member to member eBay boards is unlikely to be productive.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

No point claiming

You open an item not received dispute

If the estimated delivery date was shown as being four days away that is, does'nt matter if the seller told you it will take 3 years because it is going via Mars

If the estimated delivery date that was shown before you bid was a couple of weeks away, then you already knew about it and bought anyway

As for agreeing with the rant

You have'nt left neg feedback for this seller

The second most recent seller you chose to buy from clearly shows registered in China, their feedback is terrible, you bought anyway

Seller before that, again, clearly shows registered in China, even worse feedback

You keep on supporting them, so obviously happy to keep such sellers in business 

Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

I agree with you that the buyer here needs to open a dispute if the estimated delivery date has passed. Not get into some discussion as to how long Australia Post takes to get a parcel across Melbourne.

Time's awasting, Dodge ute open a dispute!

As for the feedback, I was curious so had a look. The 2nd & 3rd last sellers dodge ute had feedback from, I suspect they could be the same company as the names are almost the same and both registered in 2023. Dodge ute has not given feedback on either of them yet so maybe one of them is the seller of the sony item that is taking the scenic route.

Buut I also checked out Dodge ute's feedback to sellers (well, just the first 25 or so) and what I noticed was that of the 3 most recent problematic experiences (one seller given a  positive though for refund), two were actually from Australian sellers with 100% feedback.

The other was from China with 98.4% feedback. But the seller below that had the same 98.4% rating & got a 'brilliant' comment and was from HK.

I am not saying buyers should not pay attention to feedback, just that I don't think it is always straight forward.

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply