rip off sellers

Hi all.  I just hope that theres not too many sellers out there like one lve recently encountered.  I bought an XGODY phone that had a 12 month warranty and it went faulty. My daughter bought one from them also and had the same problems. I asked to return it and they agreed saying they would refund me and cover the return postage. I sent it off and waited for a few weeks only receiving an email to say they wouldnt refund the postage after all. So after waiting a bit longer I asked when I would get my refund as the tracking said they received it 2 weeks earlier. They claimed they hadn't received it I contacted paypal who told them they should send the refund as they had already received it. The seller then told me they were deducting 30% from the refund. No matter how much I argued they would not give me a full refund and I had to reluctantly accept the 70% and pay for the return to China. I would never rip off my customers like that. Holding the item and the money until I was forced to take 30% less money back is surely not the way to trade. As it was over the number of days for Paypal to get involved I cant do anything about it.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

rip off sellers

You are not allowed to name and shame on here.

Did you open formal disputes with Ebay or Paypal for the faulty phones? I am thinking that you may not have gone through the proper process to get your money back ,or did the phones become faulty after the dispute process time out? 

Latest reply

rip off sellers

deeau84
Community Member

i had as eller try and rip me off, paid for item , never recieved it 3 weeks went past still nothing, so i sent message made sure had copy of reciept for item paid for and bank receipt, still nothing

i tracked them down to silver water in sydney, found a phone number. contacted them and they treid everything and preteneded they d idnot know any thing and kept mak ing excuses, check bank account check this n that no do not have to done al that, 

so witht  threat of  if money is not returned by end of cay, law will be involved , they sort tried to call bluff, didnot work so then tried the pay pal angle  , no did not work , i got my money back

after an investigation i fo und this seller has 5 or 6 e bay accounts, all the same all the same bad negetive feed back going back to 2005 may be further,

so what does ebay ignore, wellnot for much longer

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

rip off sellers

Paying by bank deposit is always a bad idea, you have very little protection - you are extremely lucky to have got your money back.

Always pay with Paypal, or credit/debit card if they are a seller with credit card facilities. Ebay can't protect you from your own bad decisions.

Latest reply

rip off sellers

And is this the same seller who said if you give a neg they won't send your item?

And where have the two negs gone that you left for that seller?

BTW there's no ebay/paypal protection with bank deposit. 

Remember that for next time.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

rip off sellers

next question...why are you asking on the Australian Ebay boards and not on the UK boards?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

rip off sellers

Yes it was after the time limit. I think there should be some kind of mechanism in place though to ensure sellers honour their warranties properly instead of using it to rip off buyers

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

rip off sellers

Glad you got your refund.  I think there should be some kind of mechanism in place to ensure sellers honour their warranties properly as well instead of using it to rip off buyers

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

rip off sellers

Although they said they were based in UK it turned out theyre not. I dont know why it opened up in the Australian one anyway. I just clicked on my Paypal account page and it sent me there

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply