sendle

jnc953
Community Member

As a Buyer you HAVE Zero rights Sendle will not give you the Couriers contact I have a parcel sitting at their depot with NO WAY of contacting them. Not good enough got on chat to sendle and operator said passed to 3rd party courier that's end of their responsibility then Ended chat. Would not recommend them EVER!!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

sendle

Have you messaged the seller to tell them that it is still sitting there?

It's the sellers responsibility to keep an eye on things during transit and they should be the ones chasing this.

Yes, Sendle are the pits. This is a well known fact on these forums.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

sendle

I understand where you are coming from. I was in the same position last month and didn't realise till I contacted sendle chat that the item had actually been passed on to another company. I also was the buyer, the ebay seller involved did absolutely zilch to help.

What I found worked for me though was contacting sendle several times. I was always polite. First time I was given a new estimated date of arrival and after that passed, I contacted them again, only to be given a new, later date which also passed.

I then contacted chat again and said I was worried as I believed the dates were being computer generated/updated and I would appreciate it if they could actually get in touch with the couriers and find where the parcel was. The woman I chatted to on sendle was helpful and promised to make contact & get back to me and she did.

You have to be persistent I think. I never was given the contact numebr for the actual courier (never thought to ask) but ultimately it is sendle's responsibility to chase things up & when they start asking about parcel size, shape, labels etc you'll know they are seriously trying to track it down.

Good luck.

PS Should the parcel not get to you within 2-3 weeks of the original eta though, then it is time to open an ebay claim

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

sendle

My experience is that the seller chose to use Sendle, pushed by eBay, but it was their choice.
Sendle's story changed over time - please note, that the parcel was a small padded envelope that would have easily fit through the letterbox slot in my front door.

1) delivered, "signed at front door"

- I have proof that nobody was at home to have signed for it.

2) delivered, "left next to front door"

- why not put it through the slot?

3) delievered, "left at a neighbour's door"

- the 'neighbour' is an AirBnB where nobody lives except transient guests - but again, why not put through the slot in the door.
Contacted eBay.

1) They require evidence that it was not delivered to my address - from Sendle, on their letterhead, email.
2) Asked for that twice. Nothing.

3) Sent written confirmation that Sendle admit it was left at neighbour's front door - NOT my address

3) Oh, eBay now regard delivery to a nearby address AS delivered - but why would they leave it next door rather than put it through the slot anyway?
The whole situation is SO frustrating! Dealing with chat-bots the entire time as well.

The seller is saying "Look at it from my perspective - if I resend or refund to everyone who just claims non-delivery when the courier says it was delivered?" No help at all so far - in denial of responsibility for using Sendle in the first place.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

sendle

Simple. Don't buy from sellers who are trying to save a few bucks by using Sendle.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

sendle

@davewil1964 wrote:

Simple. Don't buy from sellers who are trying to save a few bucks by using Sendle.

Did you see the feedback they left for another seller (who used Australia Post),  that seller had nothing to do with thier apparent problem with sendle, but they still ranted on.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

sendle

That's pretty poor treatment all round.

I'd be upset too if a courier left my parcel at a neighbour's door.

Sendle isn't all bad. I have received parcels from them and sent a couple with no problems, but when there is a problem, then yes, it does take a few phone calls to get past the generic chat and to get them to actually do something.

I would not be blaming the seller for using sendle.  The seller at that point had done nothing wrong. he paid for postage and sent the item. But now that it has failed to arrive, and has obviously been sent to the wrong address, he could definitely be doing something. I would not expect him to refund you but I would expect him to contact Sendle and chase it up from his end.

Given that it was delivered to the wrong address and they admit that, there may be some right to compensation. The seller could at least follow things up.

I am disappointed too in ebay in that if you have written confirmation from sendle that it was delivered to the wrong address and you have not received it, then ebay should be reimbursing you. In my opinion.

I think the problem with sendle is they farm out the deliveries to other companies and it makes any follow up on their part more complicated (but still possible).

For the future, you will just have to check carefully before you buy anything, avoid sellers using sendle.

In the meantime, ask your seller to contact sendle to check for compensation for a lost delivery. I know when I had trouble with an item not delivered, sendle in the end was asking for details of what the item was, cost and dimensions of the package. Mine arrived quickly after I did that.

Also think carefully about what feedback you give and how you word it as you have to be careful what you say, sellers can get feedback removed if you break the rules.

I did check your feedback left for a different seller. It wasn't appropriate to bring up this problem in feedback for another seller. I think you were close to crossing the line there.

If you wish to give a neutral or neg you can do so for this transaction but be clear about the seller's weak spots. In this case, I would say it is more their lack of help or follow up with sendle that is the problem & not just the fact they used sendle.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply