shameful

im not sure if this is where this should be posted..please remove if not 🙂

but seriously shame shame shame on all the scammers and greedy sellers on ebay selling One Direction concert tickets at well inflamed prices! In particluar the ones who clearly state that they WON the tickets through the Coles competition. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Rant Over

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: shameful

why?

Can't see why it matters if someone sells something they won.

(unless of course they are breaking some laws or eBay rules)

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

they are breaking the law actually....but of course theres not much to be done because it is just so commonplace now..too big to police...

ticketek states the below:

Selling tickets or offering tickets for sale for above their face value via auction sites or any other unauthorised means is in breach of Ticketek's Terms and Conditions of Sale. Tickets that are detected as being sold or offered for resale in breach of the Ticketek Terms and Conditions of Sale may be cancelled without a refund.

If you can't attend an event for legitimate reasons and want to sell your ticket via an online auction site, Ticketek will not object to your sale as long as the selling/offer price is no more than the face value of the ticket. For example, you can use eBay's Buy Now function as long as the ticket price is set at face value or below.

people with a genuine reason selling at face value i have no concerns about..its the ones who have clearly purchased tix for the sole reason of making a massice profit by reselling them on ebay or similar sites..$250 for a ticket you paid $103 for?! youve got to be kidding me...

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Who was running the promotion for the free tickets from Coles?

Unless it was Tikitek, then the winner's contract is not with Ticitek.

BTW, those are Tikiteks terms and conditions, and they only say they MAY result in the cancellation of the tickets.

What does the LAW actually say? Though, yes, I conced that those terms and conditions do form part of the contract when purchasing directly from tikitec

Is there really a law that dictates that I am limited to a price I can sell an item for that I am the legal owner of?

Yeah, it's unfair that if I missed out on tickets that in order to get them I would have to pay more than their RRP - but *shrugs* that's capitalism. I have no problem with the casual seller doing this - I think it's mean that the scalpers who buy hundreds at a time to purposely corner the market can do this, but hey - if they have the funds to do it, and after all they then have to take the risk that they will be able to sell those tickets at any price - again, that's capitalism.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

In some states it is against state law to resell tickets to certain state owned venues at more than 10% above ticket value.

If you buy a ticket from tickatek and they choose to cancel a ticket that they discover has been sold for more than face value then that is theor terms and nothing to do with the law and they could not possibly know the ticket had been purchased at auction unless the ticket number was shown in the listing and somebody botered ti report it.

I can't understand why ut is shameful to sell something in short supply to somnebody who is daft enough to pay more than face value, obviously it is worth that much to them or they wouldn't pay it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Just on a side note, l heard on the news about a mother selling the tickets she'd bought for her daughter's birthday pressie.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/507904/20130922/one-direction-sydney-australia-concert-viral-mum.htm#...

Thats it there.

Did wonder if it was for real or just a stunt to get more attention to the sale of the tickets.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

gree apples - are you kidding - about someone making a profit?

This whole site is about making a profit, the bigger the better!

Nature of business, it's sole reason for existance - to make money. 

What do you think Coles do with all their merchandise that they sell us?

Buy them for next to nothing of course and sell them for many times more!

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

However deliberately buying limited issue items (probably in breach of the seller's terms) in order to make a profit only realisable because the limited item is not as available as it should be is morally wrong.

Scalpers are scum, imo.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Dave, part of my retirement plan is on the purchase of limited release items bought with the intention of profit.

Are you saying that because I buy as many as I can afford when they are made available to the general public that it is morally wrong? That I am morally bankrupt?

Shares work on the same principle.

(OK, I know my 6 kids to 6 dif fathers in order to get maximum welfare so I can hang out at the pokies all day doesn't really help the argument for my morality, but go with it, ok?)

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

People's reactions to ticket scalping amazes me.  I can buy a residential property, keep it until the price goes up, then sell it at a profit and I am a shrewd investor.  If I do the same with sport or concert tickets I am some sorta scumbag.  Morally they are the same. 

The real issue here is - do people really PAY to see Justin Bieber???!!!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply