shill bidding

is shill bidding is it illegal

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

shill bidding

very old  DEAD THREAD......

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 61 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

might be an "old thread" but the issue of shill bidding seems to warrant a re-boot of the issue for rampant discussion?!!

I am certainly interested in reading opinions on this issue.

Message 62 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you read this thread in it's entirety you will see the opinions on the issue.  There is not much else to be said as the topic crops up time and time again with the same responses.

Message 63 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

......your point being exactly what lyndal1838?....??

Message 64 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

.....in 'private' of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 65 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

go-tazz said (on first page of this topic)....

and since go-tazz posted that post, we have had a Christmas, New Years Day, Australia Day, Anzac Day, Queen's Birthday . . . . . . . the Melbourne AFL club has won two matches, Richmond is in the 8 ahead of Collingwood (g'day Kopes) . . . . . . .  and we have KRudd as Prime Minister again.

I don't think go-tazz keeps checking threads that he last posted on some 4 months ago, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to reply to your post.

Message 66 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

I don't know, shill bidding will always be topical as long as people continue to abuse the bidding process using friends and shill accounts.

Message 67 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

A real hard  slap on the wrist from ebay ! What a joke.

Message 68 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

go-tazz
Community Member

go-tazz said (on first page of this topic)....

"As stated,the seller is the one that needs to report "bidders" like these as they will be able to see their full ID,(we can only see the a***g)........."

um,...... why would a seller report these "bidders" when they are in the winners circle?!

Because that referred to a buyer that was nibble bidding and had nothing to do with shill bidding,(it was in answer to post 20 who was asking the question concerning post 19).

That's why the seller had to report them as they where making it look as if there was  shill bidding  going on when it wasn't,(which would make other bidders suspicious),X-(

I don't think go-tazz keeps checking threads that he last posted on some 4 months ago, so don't hold your breath waiting for him to reply to your post.

I wasn't going to as it's an old thread but thought I'd better clarify that post,;-)

There is no way that shill bidding can ever be stopped.

Members just need to get smarter and avoid them.

As mentioned,put it in your watch list and only bid in the last ten seconds of an auction to avoid shill bidders,(or just get a free sniping service to do last second bidding for you),:-D

Some shiller have been sanctioned but they are generally only allowed to list BIN's for a month and then they return to their old tricks,X-(

Message 69 of 70
Latest reply

shill bidding

Looks like that shill is trading under a new ID, still listing mostly Asos clothes, but cleaned up her act, and lost her 'top rated seller' status Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 70
Latest reply