target 25% discount

hi i spent $76.06 on ebay target today with a supposed 25% discount. i have just gone into my paypal and they have took the whole amount out, any one else had this happen?

thanks kim

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

target 25% discount

These are the terms and conditions.

Terms & conditionS
  1. By using or attempting to use the redemption code for this offer, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
  2. This offer commences at 10.00 (AEDT) on 27 October 2015 and ends at 23.59 (AEDT) on 2 November 2015 ("Offer Period").
  3. The offer entitles you to a 25% discount off the purchase price for up to 3 transactions (excluding postage) at the Target store on eBay.com.au during the Offer Period, up to a maximum discount of $1000 per transaction.
  4. Only 3 transactions per person during the Offer Period.
  5. The total discount is capped at $1000 per transaction.
  6. Multiple items may be purchased in one transaction (up to a maximum of 10 items per transaction).
  7. eBay reserves the right to disallow or reverse a discount in circumstances where it believes a sale or purchase of any item as part of this sale has not been made in good faith. This includes any collusive conduct by buyers or sellers or any other conduct which eBay considers unfair or untoward.
  8. The redemption code requires payment with an Australian PayPal account in order to take effect.
  9. To redeem this offer during the Offer Period, enter the redemption code CTARGET25 into the redemption code box during the checkout process. You must be an eBay.com.au registered member.
  10. Gift cards/certificates/vouchers are excluded from this offer.
  11. Not to be used in conjunction with any other eBay coupon/voucher.
  12. Your eBay.com.au and PayPal accounts must be active at the time of redemption (not suspended nor made inactive by eBay or PayPal) and be registered under the same email address.
  13. In the event you return or seek a refund on any item purchased using this discount, the value of the discount will not be refunded to you.
  14. This offer cannot be withdrawn into your bank account and cannot be transferred.
  15. Sellers are responsible for their own stock and eBay does not guarantee the availability of stock.
  16. To the extent permitted by law, eBay and PayPal will not be responsible for any loss incurred by you in redeeming or attempting to redeem the offer or for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense, or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of the offer.
  17. eBay reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the offer at its reasonable discretion by publishing revised terms on ebay.com.au.
  18. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of New South Wales.

Just a couple of possibilities:

Did you use the coupon code when you paid?

Did you purchase after 10.00am AEDT? (the promotion started at 10.00am daylight savings time)

Are your eBay account and your Paypal account both registered with the same email address?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

hi my ebay invoice shows the amount minus the discount but paypal have took the whole amount?

I will call them tomorrow, and yes I used the code etc and even when I was paying it showed the correct amount. Or do ebay do the credit to my paypal I wonder

kim

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

When I've used discount codes before the amount comes off at the time. When you put the code in the box, did you click the button to activate it? It's not a matter of just putting it in the box, you have to click the button under it. It should then show the discounted amount to be paid.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

Are you sure the paypal receipt is not showing 2 payment sources?

It should show a part payment from your source of choice and a part payment from ebay for a total payment to the seller of the whole amount.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

Thank goodness its not just me.

I just did the very same thing, had a fit actually. Not good when you dieting.

My eBay summary page does not have the discount amount, the view order does. The Paypal account has the negative full amount. When you expand the paypal menu the amounts with discount are showing but not as the amount on the screen. Why is this?

eBay CS told me that there should be a + link and it will give you the proper total. There is no positvie sign with link on paypal. They also said that PayPal always shows the full amount even though the discount has been applied. How can we tell?

Why does it not show the exact amount on paypal and I just received a Target invoice with no discount & full amount also, so I put it to the CS rep & said what if I was to now go to a Target store with the invoice and take back the item and claim the whole amount?

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

@anniebella63 wrote:

Thank goodness its not just me.

I just did the very same thing, had a fit actually. Not good when you dieting.

My eBay summary page does not have the discount amount, the view order does. The Paypal account has the negative full amount. When you expand the paypal menu the amounts with discount are showing but not as the amount on the screen. Why is this?

eBay CS told me that there should be a + link and it will give you the proper total. There is no positvie sign with link on paypal. They also said that PayPal always shows the full amount even though the discount has been applied. How can we tell?

Why does it not show the exact amount on paypal and I just received a Target invoice with no discount & full amount also, so I put it to the CS rep & said what if I was to now go to a Target store with the invoice and take back the item and claim the whole amount?

You need to read the Terms of the Offer.

Target has received the total amount for the item....in paypal you will find that the payment is made up of a part payment from your funding source of choice and a part payment of the amount of the discount from ebay/paypal (whoever is funding the offer).

If you decide to return the item you don't just walk into Target and get the cash.  The payment will be refunded through paypal as that is how you paid.  You will only receive the amount taken from your account.  The discount amount goes back to ebay.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

target 25% discount

thanks lyndal for clarifying, I've changed my view to classic on Paypal and that now shows me the voucher amount taken out of my running total, thats all I needed to see was the voucher amount taken out & in the new view on Paypal is does not.

I called Target and with this invoice that was emailed to me I can take back the item and actually get a voucher to use in Target for the amount on the invoice. The customer service person did say that they might have to put the proper amounts with discount on voucher as staff will not know and give a voucher for the full amount.

All calm now.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply