trying to find genuine seller of Micro SD Card

I am trying to find someone on Ebay who is selling genuine Micro SD Cards with adaptor. There is so many sellers with negative feedback for selling fake ones. Can I pretty much guarantee anyone selling a 32GB Micro SD card for, say, under $20 is selling fake ones? Does anyone know of a seller who is selling genuine ones?

TIA

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Go to your local store where you can be sure of getting something genuine and with after sales support if something goes wrong.

Some things should never be bought on ebay but if you do buy you will not find them much cheaper (if at all) than what is available in your local shops.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Personally, I would not buy something like this on ebay. I think you are far far more likely to end up with something dodgey and or dangerous than not. Not worth risking it to save a few bucks, IMHO

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

If you can't get to local shops and need to shop online then it might be best to buy from one of the well known Australian stores with an online shop rather than ebay if you are finding most sellers have a lot of negs.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

like the others have said go to a store. i bought quite a few over the years from the bay but they always fail or NOT the storage size they say they are. buy from a local store IMO

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I have personally purchased two micro SD over the last two months. I had searched for local sellers and checked their feedback. Genuine 32 GB with item # 161986844923 $13.59 delivered and then 64 GB U3 item # 171882162828. Each delivered within 4 days though some complain about delays. Really happy with their service and can recommend them otherwise I wouldn't risk buying from them a second time. 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Try Kogan.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I tried Kogan but only the Kogan branded micro SD 32 cards were cheaper than $20 that the OP wanted. Even then their speed is only rated at 17MB/s whereas the respected Samsung costs twice as much from Kogan as the item I suggested.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your responses. Where I live everything costs more to buy in store and we have to travel a bit and there is not much choice, so I try to buy these sorts of things online. I have purchased normal SD cards on EBay and they have been fine so was hoping it would be the same with the micro ones. Since I put this on I have found a couple of sellers that seem to be selling legit ones so I am going to buy a 16gb first so if there is any issues, least I haven't wasted too much money and won't buggerise round in sending it back.

gsx_1400

I looked at the item number you advised of, then I went and looked at their feedback. Sorry, but I would not purchase from that seller as their feedback was terrible. I can handle postal delays but there were negatives regarding the Sd cards being fakes as well. You must have been lucky.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

next time your at a PO try them maybe. most often the cards are quite well priced and genuine brands.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply