warranties

i got a radiator in october last year from top_professional who gave 12 months warranty . it started to leak and we can`t find them or get my money back . how can we trust any of these chinese companys that sell these radaitors in australia ? it got sent from melbourne . if anybnody knows them tell ebay where they are . they are stealling money from austrailians
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: warranties

Warranties offered on eBay aren't worth the paper they're printed on. You could try claiming the warranty through the manufacturer, but you've got very little chance of claiming it through the seller, even more so since they haven't had any listings for several months.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

id imagine its the same as if you bought a radiator at 'joes radiators' and went back 6 months later to find joe was gone and the business was now a flower shop.

unless the radiator had a 'brand' name on it and you could find a contact for the manufacterer your up the creek without a paddle.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller is registered in China and has not had anything listed since the end of March.

How do you think you can make a warranty claim on a Chinese seller?

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Before I begin, let me first say that what I'm about to write is in no way meant to cause offence to you.... I sympathise with you 110%. I'm no Legal Eagle but the way I understand it is that under Aust. Law, NO item bought directly from ANY O/S Source is covered by any Warranty either written or implied. They are simply not legally recognised. The Chinese in particular are VERY smart operators especially with regard to Ebay - They produce a lot of inferior rubbish, make all sorts of promises about it, take advantage of their Government's Subsidies on Postage & Freight, then flood Markets like Aust. with it. And Ebay is one of their largest outlets... Often they really don't have any background or expertise in the Goods they are selling - They simply buy a Job Lot cheaply, offload it & then disappear... only to pop up again under a different name/ID & sell something else... I honestly feel for you but I'm afraid you will probably have to chalk this one up to experience... In future, especially with items like the one you bought, stick to well known, reputable Brands & buy from well known reputable Aust. Sellers...Yes you will pay a few dollars more (or maybe quite a bit more), but you will be safe in the knowledge that your Warranty will be honoured, the item you are buying is of a good quality & the people you are buying from will provide a back up Service in the event something goes wrong because they are there for the long haul & not to make a quick buck, then disappear..... Good luck ....
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

save the paragraph

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply