wasted time

Been trying for 6 months to resolve an issue , first the seller fobbed me off to the SUPPLIER  DOMETIC.Then a staff member there was quite rude , maintaining that a 3-way(GAS, 240v,12v) fridge could not be operated on 12v.

Then everything shut down for the Christmas /New year break .Sent emails to seller, no response. 

Contacted Fair Trading who contacted seller but supplier is apparently not interested.

Could not start dispute until seller responded

Now eBay says not eligible for REFUND as POLICY TIME is out.

So  all they have to do is WAIT YOU OUT until the problem goes away ?

Can a DISPUTE even get started under this system ? 

FairTrading says I have a valid complaint , but they have NO POWER to assist me. 

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

wasted time

Not with nonsense, no

Why did you not open an item not as described dispute as soon as you found it faulty /not as described ?

The seller does not get a say, does not get to tell you what to do, does not get anything

YOU had all the power

Instead , you played games with the seller then wasted your own times by 'contacting eBay staff" and sending pointless emails

YOU open a dispute within the time limit and you follow through with it

The dispute system has a time limit which is clearly given

Not do your own thing for months and then expect you will be covered 

Seller does not get a say

eBay staff do not get a say

No idea where the 'could not start a dispute until seller responded'  that is certainly not how it works when the buyer follows actual eBay policy 

And since you waited so long, you are also out of time for a PayPal dispute 

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

wasted time

I can't help you now because you don't say what your issue was.

However I know how to read & use the eBay Money Back Guarantee... it's very easy to use.

Perhaps make yourself  familiar with it so you don't make the same mistakes again.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

wasted time

@bones611bigpond wrote:

Could not start dispute until seller responded

Who told you that? People start disputes exactly when sellers don't help or don't respond...

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply