what can i do if an item has been lost through international post

aleshaa
Community Member

hi there i bought a wedding dress through a china site and when i recieved it it wasnt what it had pictured the sewing was really bad and the measurements were way off and it was huge. ive sent it back on 22 feb and it reached china on the 1 march and the seller says its lost in the post and i feel like they have scamed me. australia post have looked it up and its says its currently being delivered so i dunno what to do. i cant open a case on here as it needs to be within 45days or so. ive spent $290 on the item including postage and i fear i wont see any of it back as its not insured and china people have lost it. i feel totally scamed. is there anything i can do?

regards

alesha

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: what can i do if an item has been lost through international post

Not if (return) delivery of the item can not be proven/disproven.

Paypal charge fee's, and those fee's go towards 'protection' in a case whereby seller and buyer have done the right thing, and neither can be held (proven to be) responsible for 'delivery(non) delviery of an item.

Doesn't happen often, and sometimes needs the intervention of the FO, but if either seller or buyer 'press' the case, the FO will usually find in favour and paypal will reimburse from thier own funds. 

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply