what is it with the MASSIVE increase in non arrivals from China ??

This year I have had around 40% of the items I have purchased from China simply not arrive, I am a seasoned buyer on eBay (more than 10 years) and I have not seen such dishonesty from Chinese sellers before, I am sick to death of having to make PayPal claims over and over again.

Has anyone else got this problem or it just me ??

And before any says they are getting knocked of from home I have a secure mailbox and a deal in place with my local delivery person (I know him personally)

And IF they are posting the items where the hell are they dissappearing to ??

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: what is it with the MASSIVE increase in non arrivals from China ??

High volume sellers I won't buy if they are any less than 99.5%, unless the feedback is obviously from difficult buyers. I think all my delayed parcels from China have arrived now. They were all from sellers I had bought from before so I knew they'd either turn up eventually, or they'd refund, even well past the cut off. Most of mine have 99.9% or 100% feedback.

I've just bought a few more things so we'll have to see if there is any delays with them. I'll have to stop buying for awhile though because I didn't realise how much the dollar had dropped!! I nearly died last night when I paid for a large order! It won't hurt to stop for awhile any way, I'm running out of room to display everything. I really need a display cabinet.....a VERY BIG display cabinet. Maybe I should just buy a bigger house LOL!

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

Fingers crossed you don't have any problems.  I've bought several more items in the last few days too...time will tell!

Checking feedback and recent performance (imho) is the best thing to do...and about the only thing!!  I will 'always' leave honest feedback no matter how much a seller tries to coerce me into leaving only positive feedback. 

;-))

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

A bigger house or a warehouse with small bedroom/bathroom/kitchen at one end??  LOL 

Seriously though, you need to have an interest so why not buy a few things if you want them?  Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

The trouble is, my interest is becoming bigger than my house!!! I collect mineral specimens and I'm currently selling off some that I have multiples of. I see a gap on the shelf and think "ooohhh, I've got space, I'd better buy something new to replace it". Trouble is, that one thing turns into 20 things!

They've taken over my bookcases, my mantlepiece, my TV unit, the coffee table, the window sills and now they're starting to take over the floor. 

Then there's the issue of the Matchbox car collection. Yes, I need a warehouse LOL!!

Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

I'm sure you'll work it all out....someday!!  no rush is there?  ;-))

Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

I have not purchased anything from outside Australia until I purchased the last two items both items have failed to arrive contacted the first seller they disappeared off eBay then contacted the second seller twice I was advisef the postage to Australia is slow.
In my opinion it's on the slow boat back to China with my good Australian dollars.
Have lost faith in the way eBay allows these con men to do business and needs to be stopped.
Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

Firstly, you're better to start a new thread, not drag up a dead one. However now that you're here,  open a not received dispute if it's more than a week after the last estimate date. If it doesn't arrive while the dispute is open,  escalate it when it allows (might say something like getting ebay to step in and help) if the seller hasn't offered a refund. Once it's escalated, it will automatically close and refund you.

You mention one seller isn't on eBay anymore? Open a not received dispute through PayPal for that one as the process is quicker to get a refund than ebay. 

Don't let either seller offer to send a replacement. Don't let them talk you into closing a dispute. Never close a dispute until you have got a refund. Don't let them string you along by asking you to wait a few more weeks  (waiting another week isn't unreasonable).

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

Totally agree with you, I'm dealing with a 'not so nice' seller atm and on principle I opened a dispute case with eBay.  The $$ value isn't high 'but' these soon add up and my $$ were Ok when I paid for the item in good faith. 

My current practice is to try and resolve the problem with the seller, then if they aren't willing to come to an amicable agreement I open a dispute case with eBay.  If the seller doesn't respond or makes an unrealistic offer, then I let eBay make the decision. 

I will NOT accept a replacement to be sent for an item not received as I've found the replacement 'never' arrives.  Never close a dispute until you have the item or a refund as it can't be opened again. 

Otoh, I've started buying from HK again and the rate of delivery is increasing...2 x small items arrived in 7 days (a week ago) I nearly fell of my chair.  But, there is another that is approaching the maximum delivery time and still not here, so I guess it's gone AWOL.  

One small package that was 'lost' arrived recently (after 4 months) minus the contents.  The package had been very carefully opened and resealed and I knew it had been tampered with because the packet was flexible when I got it from the mail box... instantly I knew the contents were missing. 

What really annoys me is that some of these sellers have multiple accounts with different usernames.  When things get hot they close down one account, which is what you've discovered.

Good luck and don't back down...there was nothing wrong with your money and you've done nothing wrong!  ;-))

Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

I recently waited 7 weeks for an item to arrive from China. Sometimes its about 2 weeks it just depends. Usually I have no problems with chinese sellers and they have always refunded promptly if theres a problem.
Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

ca-vin
Community Member

Was this one of the REMOVED that refuse to send to an Aussie Post Box?  PO Boxes are too secure for a vendor to claim goods were sent when they are trying to scm you. 

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply