what's the point?

Was going to warn others about a dodgy seller on eBay that I paid for several items, as did others because items were selling fast. 3 days later all items cancelled by seller and relisted at higher prices. But names get removed by admins here? How are we supposed to let people know who not to buy from?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

what's the point?

you leave appropriate feedback. You cannot name and shame in the forum. They are not here to defend themselves and it's only your word.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

Fair enough I guess, I still find it pointless to leave feedback on an unnamed seller. No action can be taken, people can't be warned about dodgy sellers. A good seller will have nothing to defend themselves against. Just my opinion I guess
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

@gimmedatitem wrote:
Fair enough I guess, I still find it pointless to leave feedback on an unnamed seller. No action can be taken, people can't be warned about dodgy sellers. A good seller will have nothing to defend themselves against. Just my opinion I guess

It is only pointless leaving feedback for a seller if other buyers do not read that feedback before buying.  If you read a seller's feedback and find it is bad then you don't buy from them.

How is this leaving feedback for an unnamed seller.....and anyone who reads that feedback is warned that they are not very satisfactory.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

@gimmedatitem wrote:
But names get removed by admins here? How are we supposed to let people know who not to buy from?

And it's a good job they do, for ONE very important reason. In the past, quite a few disgruntled buyers have come to the boards complaining about a seller & accusing them of doing all sorts of dishonest things.  BUT they have got the spelling wrong & named a totally different innocent seller they had had no dealings with.

It would be the same if a seller came in accusing a buyer of something vile & named the wrong buyer. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate a seller naming & shaming a buyer on a public forum saying how dishonest & corrupt they were, but mistakingly type YOUR userID instead of the correct one.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

Plenty of good sellers businesses have been ruined in the past from one or two disgruntled buyers . I certainly don't think that is fair. If you are not happy leave negative feedback then prospective buyers can read it and make up their own minds.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

I can't leave feedback on their account as items were cancelled and relisted at higher prices, there is no feedback option that's why I came here. Word of mouth and feedback from buyers is what any store or seller relies on so should aim to please every customer. Its not hard. Anyway this to is pointless so I won't be back on this forum
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

if the items were cancelled you can still leave feedback. go into to your purchse history and click on leave feedback.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

what's the point?

@gimmedatitem wrote:
I can't leave feedback on their account as items were cancelled and relisted at higher prices, there is no feedback option that's why I came here. Word of mouth and feedback from buyers is what any store or seller relies on so should aim to please every customer. Its not hard. Anyway this to is pointless so I won't be back on this forum

LOL..... short and sweet.... CYA  Smiley Frustrated

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply