when a seller is away

Just curious when a seller is away is there not suppose to be a notice on all their listings saying they are away?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: when a seller is away

Most of the time yes unless they haven't set it up.

If you're the seller that's away I can see that you're not because it doesn't show that you are haha

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

no I sent a seller a message and never got a reply, so I sent another a few days ago still no reply. So I just happened to go to their shopfront and it says seller is away with no return date. No message is showing on the actual listings which is a bit silly.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

No return date might not be coming back lol

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Just as well I haven't paid yet then.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I don't have a store, Isn't the holiday mode set by the seller and posting a message optional?

So perhaps they have put it in holiday mode with no definite end date if that is possible?

image host
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

my store is on holidays  it will say back on the 11th and not taking any orders,

but there are a few ways of doing it  , you dont have yo put a return date,  you can say on holidays but can still take orders but there will be a delay as seller is on holidays, and you have like mine back bla bla not taking orders.  

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Hi harley, I just recently had my store on "holiday mode" and I stipulated a date of returning which then showed on all my listings, however, it said "this store is currently on holidays which may delay postage times" ( or something very similar), so customers could still purchase.

i believe they need to enter a date of return in order for it to show on every listing.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

ahh ok. I usually hide my listings when I'm on hols. It seems a bit silly to not have that message show on all the listings by default even without a return date.

I was wondering what the heck was going on.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

A seller can only have "Holiday Mode/Message/Set Away" if they have a store.  If they are an everyday hobbie seller they either withdrawal therir items or just let them show as normal.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply