why do you guarantee reimbursement but then close the request

tin258
Community Member

I purchased an item and the item has not been received - I have contacted the seller no response - Ebay supposedly guarrantees reimbursement especially as I paid through PayPal - Why does ebay make it so hard to contact them - they give you all the how to but then when you try to do what they say - no where to do so

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Why do you address members here as if we work for eBay?

Why do you need to contact ebay at this stage?

If you have left enough time for the obvious delays due to Covid and the lead up to Christmas and the seller has not responded, you open an item not received dispute

I do not know why you cannot use Live Chat, what happened when you tried?

How long ago did you make the purchase?

Was the seller registered here or overseas?

What is their feedback like?

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If you don't respond or escalate a case it will time out and close.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

@sandypebbles wrote:

Why do you address members here as if we work for eBay?

Why do you need to contact ebay at this stage?

If you have left enough time for the obvious delays due to Covid and the lead up to Christmas and the seller has not responded, you open an item not received dispute

I do not know why you cannot use Live Chat, what happened when you tried?

How long ago did you make the purchase?

Was the seller registered here or overseas?

What is their feedback like?

I don't see anywhere in the OP where they assumed anyone here worked for eBay. No idea how you saw that. They were generic questions, not even a hint of assuming they were talking to eBay.

Why do you address members in such an abrupt manner all the time? You assume that anyone coming here knows all the procedures. If they did, then they wouldn't be coming here asking for help, would they?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why do you suddenly take such issue with comments I make and yet rarely call out people who post 'moderator worthy' remarks?

I can't help you if you do not understand how I take it to mean people are referring to members as being eBay employees when they ask things like 'why do YOU' (do whatever it is) it is right there in the heading 

If it is a concern for you how I word things, please feel free to report my comments

Or ignore them (as I will yours from now on)

I don't mind

I am not going to fluff around when a poster

a) chooses to be outight rude and abusive, as has happened many times recently
b)Makes outright false and libelous comments about other members

c)Makes comments like why do YOU take my money/refuse to refund/etc/etc 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

You're right in that the title definitely is a direct question to ebay.

The comment though calls ebay 'them' and 'they', so I think tin knows he/she is on a messageboard and we may have an even chance of hearing from them again.Smiley Happy

So, tin, the main thing I am confused about here is -are you asking how to open an ebay item not received claim?

If you have contacted the seller with no result, then it is time to open a claim but I would have thought the whole system was automated and you shouldn't need to contact ebay on chat or anything.

What part of the process is not working for you? If you go to the 'help' tab, there is a section on how to open a claim and also in My ebay, if you go to the item in question, there may be a tab to click on that says 'my item has not arrived' or words to that effect.

You would need to follow up the claim though, not let it time out.If that is what happened to you, perhaps try a paypal claim.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

I HAVE PROVIDED ALL THIS INFORMTION TO EBAY DISPUTE CENTRE - THEY HAVE CLOSED THE CASE - EBAY AND PAY PALS GUARANTEE ISN'T WORTH THE PAPER IT IS WRITTEN ON

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

When did you buy the item?

When was it supposed to arrive and from what country?

Yelling at us will not get you any help unless you ell us exactly what has happened.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Good for you

We do not have access to the eBay dispute center or the information you gave them

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

lyndal, since they are screaming about both eBay and PayPal being useless , I wonder if they attempted opening disputes in both at the same time?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply