why does ebay support sellers ripping off customers

why does ebay support sellers that won't honour warranty upon products? why is there no complaint process to investigate sellers that don't honour warranty that is more than 30 days from purchase........they give you gov't agencies to complain to but won't take complaints themselves unless it less then 30 days from purchase.when i contacted custumer support to notify  them of a policy breach and the seller breaking Australian consumer laws they didn't wanna know anything about it but for me to contact the gov't agencies....

this tells me that ebay are only interested in there selling fees and not the protection of buyers....has this happened to anybody else? did you get any recourse at all. i personally think that ebay needs to change there complaint process to cater for warranty claims for items past the 1st 30 days from sale it should have somewhere you can voice your concerns then with there current  automatic limited complaint system that your can't really complain unless it fits there drop down responses

if this has happened to anyone else let me know 

thanks

bryan

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I'd like an encounter with some Bundy right now, anything alcoholic actually

Spoiler
No, I do NOT have a problem LOL
Spoiler
Man I get off topic easily
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I have the advantage of the sun being over the yardarm 3 hours earlier. Don't feel too bad about that. true.gif

"Note to self - construct a Yardarm at the bottom of the fence................"

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Yep. I get a dram at that time.

I don't do rum after an unfortunate encounter with a bottle of Bundy many decades ago.

Noooo.    Captain Morgan Dark Rum it's delish

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Buyers are very quick to come in here spouting about Australian Consumer Law. Newsflash, ACL ONLY applies to Australian registered businesses. It doesn't apply to shonky Chinese sellers, which you seem to like buyinig from, or even non business Australian sellers. So, you could try and pull ACL on me, and you'd fail, and a buyer from the past realised that in a court of law. However, if your local car dealer tried to pull a swifty, then you can go ACL with them.

Sadly for you, you have no warranty, and no ACL behind you. If there is something wrong with the item you purchased, and it's less than 180 days since you purchased, you could try going through PayPal, but if the item arrived as described, you may not have a lot of luck. Doesn't hurt to try though.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply