why is EBay enabling people to strip supermarket shelves to profit 4 fold selling on your platform?

I very strongly think it is appaulling that E-Bay is enabling the filth of society to strip the shelves of our supermarkets, leaving our elderly and vunerable stressed, scared and without what they need to survive and sell their heists for ridiculous sums of money on your platform. I strongly feel that if you do not close this down immediately then E-Bay is no different to the filth profiteering from suffering. Please E-Bay, close this down, do the right thing because if you fail, who will support you after?? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

why is EBay enabling people to strip supermarket shelves to profit 4 fold selling on your platform?

eBay don't read these forums as they are contracted out and run by a company called Khoros.

image host
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Your protests would be more productive if you actually contact ebay.....they do not read the boards.

You should also add you protests to the other 40+ threads on the same subject....they are not hard to find.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

For goodness sake do something about it then

This is about the 50th post now on the same thing

enough already

ebay do not read here, no matter how many times someone posts 'toilet paper' in the heading

Go and read through the rest of the topics, over and over and over and over and over it has been explained

If only all the people who *said* they were disgusted did anything, MAYBE they would be shut down

Sadly, 99% of you choose not to do anything at all

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Contact eBay direct and you can then tell them as they don't read the discussion boards.

This gives you their direct links without having to go through their rigmarole:

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/home

Just keep in mind that the Call option is only available during business hours,

(from 8am to 8pm AET Monday to Friday, and 9am to 7pm AET Saturday and Sunday).

Have us call you seems to be the best option.

Just scroll to the bottom of that page.

If you use the chat option and none of their "options" suit then select which may be closest to why you

want to contact as their "selections" are limited.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Let me guess, you were foolish enough to believe the Government, and did not purchase the basics in advance.  Now it is everyone's fault but your own.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I have yet to see an eBay representative at any supermarket. Presumably you have one at yours. Who checks that you're an eBay member and allows you into the restricted area with stocked shelves?

What about those stripping all the meat and chicken? Are they reselling on eBay? No. Funny about that.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I dont know how you can strip the shelves, when purchase limits apply

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

I dont know how you can strip the shelves, when purchase limits apply

I was in my local Wooiles at lunch-time.

No toilet paper.

No fresh chicken.

No beef.

No pork.

No lamb.

No frozen pies.

No frozen pizza.

Bugga all cleaning products.

No potatoes.

Didn't check pasta, eggs or stock, as I don't need them. Or TP, but that is opposite where the pies and pasta would be, if there were any.

These are not things normally in short supply, so I consider the shelves to have been stripped.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Reporting price gouging on eBay

How to report an item

We encourage our community to report any listings they suspect of price gouging to us. We take these reports very seriously and will take action as necessary. To get started, choose an item from the list above (the page shows the last 4 listings you viewed at the top), or select Report an item below, or to report directly from the listing, follow these steps:

Go to the listing and choose Report item, which you'll find next to the Description and Postage & payments options.
On the File a report page, select Prohibited and restricted items in the Report category field.
In the Reason for report field, select Price gouging.
Select an option from the Detailed reason field and then Submit report.
Report an item

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply