why is searching on ebay so slow

Why is searching on Ebay so slow.  It used to be my favouritye place to shop but now I literally can make a cup of coffee while I wait for the screeen to generate.   Google and Amazon are now where I shop and come to ebay only if google search shows me I can go directly to an item.  Just in case you are wondering why sales are down.    

For the record.  It has taken over half an hour just to find where I could discuss this or leave feedback.  

VERY VERY Frustrating.  

VERY VERY much makes out you know all about the issue and don't want to talk about it.

ps  

I have already looked at all my preferences and stopped all advertising related to past searches.  

Made a big difference yesterday.  Today bad as ever.  

It should not take more than a minute to scroll down a list

Not on my machine.  I have a tiop of the line ASUS INTEL Gaming laptop bought Feb 17

pps  

Why is the only place I can ask these questions on an open forum?  

Why could I get the opporunity just to provide the feedback?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

You might have a superfast computer, but how's your internet connection? 🙂

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Clear cookies and temp internet files then restart comp.

Use Chrome or Firefox as a browser if using IE.

Good idea to turn on pop blocker on the browser but even better is to download a free adblocker.

These steps have improved the speed on eBay but it still appears to be slower than other sites and could be due to the programming transitions eBay are doing over the next month or so.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

My Internet connection is also nice.  Not super quick  NBN is not here yet.  ADSL2  all other sites are great.  Aws mrentioned not such issues on amazon or google or fishpond etc etc streaming is awesome..  games are better.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Oh...  and I am an IT Professional.  Your advice is very sound.  I have done it.  This is happening only on ebay over the last month

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

How about stop using the app.   It's worse than useless

Go to the full site with your browser.  (and don't use IE for ebay)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Still catching up..  Agree with the ad blocker..  I know it is the source of all eveil.  I have messages coming up in the left hand corner telling me about the caching and waiting for badly designed ads to load etc.  Which is why I would have preferred to provide the feedback to Ebay not an open forum.

This way the only issue addressed is my blood pressure Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Totally agree with the app. I am currently on the laptop and using Chrome. Even on my tablet or phone I refuse to use apps and use chrome with desktop site ticked in options. e&oe Qantas boarding app is good 🙂
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You have to install Adblock or similar. It is all their banner ads reloading everytime you switch back and forth between pages rather than just reloading from cache. 

I am sure ebay are loosing a lot of buyers due to this. You are probably only experiencing it on Ebay.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply