why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

Aisian sizes and some european sizes for clothing are at least 2sizes too small compared to australian sizes it is the same with headgear,motorcycle helmets being a overweight but not really  42-44 pant  and helmet size 58-59 wich is large australian xxl aisian

it would be nice for there to be standard sizes especially as i am supposed to be average Australian height @ the old 5'10" height

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

@berney01 wrote:

Yes it is strange, they have been manufacturing for us for long time now, things are getting worse. as I said no quality control or consumer protection anymore in this country. We are the dumping ground for all sorts of garbage from China, Been to Kmart lately? Just one big $2.00 shop! I am not going to buy this junk anymore. If I buy Calvin Klien in America it fits, its made well and reasonable price. I buy it here, its garbage and costs the earth. Why??

And it too, is probably made in China.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: why is their such a discrepancy with asian sizes and australian sizes inclothing & head gear

Yes it is probaly made in China, but America has quality control we no longer do not and this country is being floaded with garbage. Bring back the days where you could walkinto  a shop and buy an item off the rack for a family member without any sizing issues! 🙂

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

You must be male, as even in Australia there are massive differences in women's clothing sizes - you might be a 12 in one brand, 14 in another, 10 in another. Then they say 'it's a slim fitting garment'. No, a slim fitting garment should still fit the size on the label, only closely, whereas a loose fitting one should fit the same size person loosely.

I don't think it's just that they don't understand in China. It's a question of getting what you pay for. Cheap stuff from overseas especially Asia is generally small and often a different shape. As someone else has said, get the exact measurements from the seller and go with them. Or only buy clothes when you know how that brand fits you. I've done OK with buying clothes like that.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Australia doesn't have any sizing standards for adult clothing. Choice Article

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply