x-China postage is getting longer or doesn't arrive at all - growing trend?

Hi,

I have found that in the past few months I am more regularly following up with Chinese sellers (no racism intended) re undelivered items. 😞

The responses are always courteous and helpful - and invariably result in a prompt refund. 🙂

However, I have also noticed that none of the 'missing' items ever turns up ...

... which leads me to think 'is buyer complaceny being exploited by intentional non-supply of low-cost goods?'  😠

Let's stop this 'trend' before it makes ebay-buying an unpleasant experience.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I must say I have not had that experience at all.

All my items from China, and indeed from all Asian countries, have arrived well before the estimated time.

My biggest problem is poor packaging.....I had a number of small gift boxes just put in a plastic satchel and several were squashed.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I just ordered some things from a reliable seller that I've bought from before.

Est delivery date is 2nd January  shock no smiley.gifWhat the??

They'll arrive, of that I'm sure.

But talk about a slow boat from China

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

There are also often huge delays in China Post deliveries during October / November, as the lead up to Christmas is their peak season. Many items can take around 8 weeks or so for delivery, just in case it hasn't been that long yet.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I have had estimated delivery dates of 6-7 weeks and the parcels have been arriving within 2-3 weeks.  I ain't complainin'.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Christmas rush !!(lol)

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

My experiences of late are that Chinese-originated orders are taking longer than they should be to arrive.

I only order items occasonally from China, but have two items ordered about three months ago from different eBay sellers that have never shown (and are long since refunded now), a couple more that have taken well over the estimated time frame, plus several items ordered from non-eBay Chinese sellers that have taken more than a month longer than they were supposed to.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@hartmann454 wrote:

Hi,

I have found that in the past few months I am more regularly following up with Chinese sellers (no racism intended) re undelivered items. 😞

The responses are always courteous and helpful - and invariably result in a prompt refund. 🙂

However, I have also noticed that none of the 'missing' items ever turns up ...

... which leads me to think 'is buyer complaceny being exploited by intentional non-supply of low-cost goods?'  😠

Let's stop this 'trend' before it makes ebay-buying an unpleasant experience.

Saying the word "Chinese", or even "Asian", is not considered racist, so not sure why you'd feel the need to include that bit? Do tell?

As already mentioned, October can be notoriously slow to get things from China. I have regular sellers and most of the time the items arrive in under 2 weeks. If I buy in October, it can take sometimes 2 months.

As for missing items not turning up, sometimes it happens. It doesn't just happen with Chinese sellers, it can happen to any seller anywhere in the world. There are black holes all over the world that parcels sometimes fall into, never to be seen again. I've only had 2 items not arrive from China. No hassle getting a refund. I messaged the sellers and there was an immediate refund.

Another item the seller refunded and it arrived nearly 6 months later. I contacted the seller about repaying and she said not to worry as I was a regular buyer, and I was honest about the eventual delivery.

Despite what you hear around these forums and around the traps, majority of Chinese sellers are honest and just trying to make a living. There are a percentage of sellers that don't care and a percentage that are scammers. The Chinese place a lot of importance on feedback, so contacting them about a non arrival, just by sending a message, rather than opening a dispute, will usually see a hassle free refund in record time, in the hope you'll then leave good feedback.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Yes, I am having the same problem lately with things never turning up from China. Same scenario with refunds as well, they never argue, just refund. The tracking only shows tracking number, then never progresses from there. I am really wondering if they are relying on buyers forgetting to complain before time runs out, or maybe the number of thieves in their post offices have increased in number, or whoever does their packing is stealing things.  I buy regularly from one Chinese seller, and things she sends never go missing and turn up in good time all with no tracking.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply