Clicker training for their cat?

I have been reading and learning about using a clicker to train your cat and was wondering if anyone has used this method ?
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Clicker training for their cat?

Train a cat?

My cats train humans......

Photobucket
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@syrupsmummy wrote:

Train a cat?

My cats train humans......

lol,  yes indeed. 

I've heard of clicker training for dogs but not for cats. 

I;'ll be really interested to know if it works, so good luck.  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I have also been reading up on clicker training for cats, have found a clicker at our local discount store but havent tried it yet. Our beautiful new Mishka ( ragdoll) had previously been allowed to roam on the kitchen benchtops by her former owner a d it is a habit we would like to get her out of . At the moment we have been using a spray bottle which when she sees us pick it up she knows she has sone the wrong thing. Am just hoping that e en though she is 2.5 - 3 years old we can still train her out of it.
There are some videos on youtube showing hiw do do it which are interesting if you have not seen them already
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Hi Alyceanne, Mishka must be gorgeous, ragdolls all are. I don't know anything about clickers or training cats, but here are a couple of things our Milo does. 

One day, I could hear the phone ringing (I was downstairs), I rushed up the stairs to get the phone, just in time to see Milo with his paws grabbing at the spiral cord on the phone! He thought he could take the call!

Another time, actually more than once, the oven timer was set for me to remember things cooking. Milo was sitting with us in the lounge room watching TV. The timer went off, and as I was engrossed in the program, I was a bit slow to get up and go to the kitchen. Milo glared at me, waited for a sec, than ran to the oven and was reaching up to the wall oven!!!

When the timer went off another time, I quickly called my husband and come and watch, and Milo did it again!!  He was amazed,( hubbie that is) and finally believed me about the phone, no-one elso does!

Milo also reacts (runs away)  to the flea powder container, or whenever we even open the drawer where the worm tablets are kept! I'm sure you'll easily come up with a solution to the hopping on the kitchen bench!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
Group details
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
Cat Rules! - Everyday is Caturday -
121 members Open Group Since ‎03-07-2013 08:14 PM
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.
It's time to form a group for all cat lovers and crazy cat ladies. Let's post funny cat pictures and our own cat pictures. Have fun talking about cat and other things too.