Buyer wants to return dress after 50 days

Hi,

Last night (May 9, 2016), this buyer message me that SHE RECEIVED THE ITEM AND UNFORTUNATELY THE STRAPS WERE BROKEN. and that SHE WILL SEND A PHOTO. 

I replied saying I inspected the dress before sending it out. I know because I do and I tag them myself prior to sending to make sure when they are returned, my tag is still attached.

The problem is the dress was sold on the 22nd of March. That's like 7 weeks ago. I would rather have it returned than compensate her because I want to see the dress if it's unused.

Should I accept the return/refund? (My policy is actually just 3 days return & 20% restocking fee)

If I get the dress back, should I refund the full amount she paid with shipping or just the original price she paid less 20% restocking fee?

I am worried she'll leave me a negative feedback.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Just to be clear,  did you double check to see whether she left feedback earlier?

Maybe she has already worn the dress, thanks very much, and now wants the money instead.

Is it an Australian buyer ?

Sorry for so many questions 🙂

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

not sure but i think ebay now has a 180 day return policy? if this is the case then all the buyer has to do is open a INAD dispute and you will have to pay for return postage regardless of what your return policy is and the buyer gets a full refund.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

The buyer said the straps were broken? Did she send a photo? Omg 180 day return policy!! U think someone buying clothing would try it on straight away and complain earlier if faulty??
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Please look at the dates on these threads before replying, especially when you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion.

I am sure the problem has been sorted in the 2 years since the thread was started.

And just for the record....it is paypal that has a 180 day refund policy NOT ebay.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply