Genuine Louis Vuitton bags?

Bag 1
Bag 2
bits
more bits
last one
Are these bags genuine? Would appreciate some advice as the friend that gave these to me to sell doesn't know either and after my last experience selling a Luis Vuitton bag about 2 years ago i am put off. Was genuine but ebay got stupid with me. Eventually they let me sell it but they scared all but one bidder away so i sold it for less than expected :0(
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

The first question to ask would be where did he/she get them from and do they have the original receipts. Fakes are getting better every year so the only way to have them authenticated would be to take them to a LV store.

You may get a better response to your question if you move your post to the selling thread where there are more people.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Try is ebay guide about fake LV bags... it might be helpful.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Louis-Vuitton-Is-This-Authentic-Part-1_W0QQugidZ10000000000021258
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

No, authentic Louis Vuitton screws have a 6-point head on the underside. Counterfeiters used a 4-point head.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks I am unable to find out more. I think basically the friend got the bags from a boyfriend and having a bad breakup well she is not going to find out anything now.
Oh ok so they are getting better at the fakes. Oh ok i find the headings in this forum hard to understand. I don't get on it much!

I have seen some fakes but i am afraid i am not around much designer stuff. Clothing yes but not bags. I am a designer of clothing. The bags are well made not like some fakes that i have seen in the past. Long time ago.

Thanks that guide is long. Will try to read another day but i doubt i will have time. I have CFS so reading is the last thing i want to do. Too busy and not enough energy.

OK so the screws may tell me these are fake. Thanks mazilian. The screws are on the inside of the bag btw not underneath :0)
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

c4chanel
Community Member

The easiest way to get help when wanting to make sure the bag is fake or genuine is to ask the expert/authenticators via forum, Effen Haute forum have great LV authenticators, they will help you for free.

Sales Assistant are not trained to authenticate bags, the best way to do this is by asking them to do the cleaning/service for the bag, they will only do the service if the bag is genuine, they will refused service is the bag is fake, I hope this helps.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply