When listing clothing for sale, PLEASE include actual measurements in description.

mfrazer
Community Member

M, L, XL, XXL can mean anything these days, depending on the brand, so it is very helpful if actual clothing measurements in cm are included in the item description.

I won't buy any item of clothing unless I know what the actual chest/waist/length is; I'm sure there are other potential buyers out there doing the same.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

When listing clothing for sale, PLEASE include actual measurements in description.

I sooooooooo agree with you!   I buy quite a bit for my Aunt who is now living in reduced circumstanes but she insists on wearing "quality".

i frequently see  items which she would like in the $35 to $75 range where the size is listed as M or L.  What on earth is that? So I'm often sending requests for measurements....and don't get me started on the sellers who never bother to reply!

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

We totally agree, sizes can vary not only from brand to brand, but even from same brand retailed in different countries.  That is why we always give the minimum and, if the fabric has any stretch, the maximum meaurements taken when the garments are laid out flat, as well as mention any stretch the fabric might have and if know where it was made.  Wouldn't life be so much simpler, for both sellers and customers, if the whole world just had 1 method of sizing garments.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply