1907 DONALD BADEN POWELL KNIFE CASE

HI ALL  WOULD THIS BE COLLECTABLE 

i score it from a flee market boot sale  .i have given it a soak in neatsfoot oil as it was very dry and cracking  it has DONALD BADEN POWELL .BROWNSEA ISLAND  ORDERLY 1907 ............... HAS A SYMBOL OF THE FRENCH  OR SCOUTS  ITS HOME MADE AND IN NOT THE BEST CONDITION  donald was 8 years old in 1907 and was at the first ever scouts camp .from what i can google ..what would i list it in . i buy lots from ebay and dont sell much

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: 1907 DONALD BADEN POWELL KNIFE CASE

mate your the old person on this site .............i think ..........no one has any idea

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Personnaly, i would GIFT it to the museum as it only cost you $1.00

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

siddie i ment (only) not old in my last post mate .........and basl thanks mate ..i scrap and deal to feed my family . my income comes from scrap metal and the odd good find ..i will take it on board mate .thanks ..

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

No offence taken Shane - I am actually fairly old  Smiley Very Happy

My 2 cents worth:

Most people who buy on eBay are trying to get a bargain; most people who sell on eBay are trying to make a profit. The scabbard is not an item of national importance - it may be something that the museum would care to add to its collection.

If you had not spotted the item, bought it, taken it home and cleaned it up, researched it, and contacted the museum about it, the museum would never have known that it existed. If they want to make you an offer that gives you a nice profit, then I would say good luck to you.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

anything over a buck is good for me mate .see ya mate and thanks again  yu are quite bright ,

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply