1988 $2 coins with stamped HH

I have noticed a lot of sellers selling these coins stating they're rare and worth a lot of money but they're not as every 1988 $2 coin has 

the HH stamped on it so don't be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What a great way for a seller to promote their business by getting themselves on the news.

But why would you try and con someone this way?

This could back fire on them in a big way.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

I can't believe how many sellers have come out and listed this coin, plenty of low feedback and also high feedback who should know better.

This is just disgusting how many are trying to sell this coin when they have no hope in hell of selling them.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

When is a variety not a variety? When every single coin of that year bears the "variety" mark. Smiley LOL

To me, the most important issue is not that people are (trying to) sell them, but whether or not people are actually buying them, thinking that they're some kind of rare error or variety, when they're not.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Looks like everyone that has this coin is now trying to sell it, I tell ya it's becoming a pandemic and instead of covering my mouth I need to cover my eyes  Robot Mad

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

This coin is not rare, not worth more than $2 and isn't the lowest mintage it's the highest minted $2 coin but every one is listing it as the best $2 coin ever minted but the good thing is I haven't seen it sell for a ridiculous price yet.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Check this out 224359889795 this seller has really lost the plot.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

You could ask why eBay allow this to be happening for so long, what is their(eBays) stance on this subject?

I would think that they ( eBay would like to promote honesty and trust with their brand.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

EBay allows it because there's no policy or rule against placing an exorbitant ask price on an item. EBay's attitude is, and always has been, that if the item is honestly described and if someone is prepared to pay the asking price, then all's fair. EBay assumes that people who routinely place exorbitant asking prices will eventually lose when items don't sell, as the seller needs to pay fees proportional to the asking price, whether the coin sells or not.

Or to quote Dilbert's boss: "There's no law against optimism".

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Except that for many years, and certainly since Managed Payments, eBay hasn't charged listing fees. So that part of your argument is dated and, these days, irrelevant.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply