1990's Australian $2 coins

There are sellers on ebay selling $2 coins that were minted in the 90's saying that they are mules and errors as they have a double rim.

Most of the $2 coins minted in the 90's were pressed/stamped that way and they're by no means an error or a mule coin.

Don't be fooled into thinking otherwise and I wish these sellers would stop trying to sell these coins as mules lol.

I've sent these sellers, most are newbies, messages letting them know what they have isn't an error or a mule and lol some have sent back abusive messages lol telling me to butt out and I don't know what I'm on about haha.

So just be weary of these coins as they're just normal $2 coins minted in the 90's.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

When a coin that has been produced with the same kind of defect in many quantities like most of the $2 coins in the 90's then it isn't an error coin as that's how they were minted/stamped.

But if your 1966 1c coin is a 1 off or just a few then yes that's an error/rare coin.

The only real error/mule coin is the 2000 $1 coin as there were only around 6000 minted which are the true mule coins and the coins that have been stamped way off center.

Keep them coming and geez aren't you a pushy one hahaha.

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

Mate when did I give you a smarty pants comment about doing your work for you?

You better remove your post or I'll have it done for you lol.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Just noticed most of your posts are replying towards davewil so why did you post them towards me lol.

And I'm a very experienced coin expert mind you so any nit picking is most welcome.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply