A bit freaky

Anonymous
Not applicable
A bit freaky
Driving past a council throw out … looks interesting … some old junk … (rust & dust sells)
I can never drive pass a throw-out without looking
Some bits and pieces .. a nice lidded Chinese vase
I know nothing about Chinese vases, but it seemed good quality
Cleaned it up, looked nice, but the lid was stuck
Put it on the shelf …
Had some friends around having a beer (or two) and someone commented on the vase
Yes, I found it, and passed it over
It is sealed !!!
OMG …. It is someone’s ASHES
Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

A bit freaky

Great find Johonno, word of advice, if you have a Maiden Hair Fern, they make really good fertilizer - ask me sometime and I might tell you the story.

Wilma

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

just put a beer next to it.  i'd keep in mind that a loved relative wouldn't usually be chucked out like that though, it could be an unloved relative.. perhaps a killer or worse..   don't break the seal would be my advice.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

😮

Maybe you should go back and ask the people living there if they are aware of what the vase was for or might be still in it?

~ Mon ~
Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

How can you tell it has someone's ashes in it if it's sealed ?:|

Did I miss something in the story ?:|

Did you bring it home and put it on your shelf or did you put it back on the shelf at the tip ?:|

Am I having a seniors moment ?:|  :^O

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

Is it quite heavy? (ashes are remarkably heavy). Can you hear the ashes rattling around inside? (they make almost a metallic noise.) Then yep, I guess it's a cremation urn. There are lots of images on-line - does it look like one of those? I think if it was me, I would return to the house and ask do they realise what they have thrown out. It seems a weird way of knowingly disposing of ashes.

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

its not unknown for these to turn up, the next generation mightn't want them around. my in laws have their sons ahes and would hate to lose them . but everyone is different i guess.

people can be remarkably indifferent to something like this in a deceased estate clear-out...

maybe you should go and try and give them back in order to find out.

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

Or it might just a Ginger Jar with the contents still intact?

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

Anonymous
Not applicable

crystalised ginger  😮

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

A bit freaky

' i've brought the ginger back in case its uncle bill'

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply