Australian $1.00 notes value

Where would I find out the value of 100 $1.00 notes in numerical order, uncirculated, they still have the wrapper around them?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Australian $1.00 notes value

I have some DBP $1 pairs.

DBP were issued out of order.  Most note collectors believe the note issuers were testing papers.

https://www.sterlingcurrency.com.au/1976-1-note-dbp-test-serials-double-fold-paper-kni

Screenshot_20240221_111435_Chrome.jpg

โ€ƒ

Message 21 of 29
Latest reply

The question lacks enough information, if it was a bundle of 1966 $1 notes  it would be $10000 plus, if it was a bundle from 1982 it would be in the hundreds. Its like asking how much a Holden car is worth without stating the year and model lol

Message 22 of 29
Latest reply

As already stated the serial numbers matter.

Message 23 of 29
Latest reply

I actually never said anything about serial numbers , all I stated is that without knowing the year the notes were printed, no one can give a value on a bundle of $1 notes 

Message 24 of 29
Latest reply

@ambler57 wrote:

The question lacks enough information,

I think that is exactly what I said in an earlier comment

Message 25 of 29
Latest reply

The year of printing is contained in the ' serial number. '.

Message 26 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have no idea what I have thus the reason for asking where to get an opinion on value. I presume they were 1982 because they were purchased when their demise was announced. The serial numbers are consecutive but I don't have the notes handy to check who signed(?) them or the actual year of printing. I will need to do a bit of research now that I have some clues as to what might be valuable.

Message 27 of 29
Latest reply

@i-once-was-bump wrote:

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have no idea what I have thus the reason for asking where to get an opinion on value. I presume they were 1982 because they were purchased when their demise was announced. The serial numbers are consecutive but I don't have the notes handy to check who signed(?) them or the actual year of printing. I will need to do a bit of research now that I have some clues as to what might be valuable.

Yes, even consider taking them to an ''expert'' for an evaluation,   there is a huge variation in price,   but if it is a coin / money shop,  take it with a grain of salt as they still want to make a cut.

But as an indication I was at the Melbourne money fair a couple of weeks back looking at a certain note,  and someone whispered in my ear, that the same note was over at the other stall for a couple of hundred less,  so off I trotted,  and it was actually $300 less,  , but I got the dearer one,  because it was actually most likely worth significantly more.

Message 28 of 29
Latest reply

Go - Moonee Ponds. LOL

Message 29 of 29
Latest reply