Bunnykins Footless Egg Cup and other figures

Hi everyone - long-time lurker, first time poster.  ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a Bunnykins egg cup that I'd like to sell but have no idea really what to list it for or what it could be worth.  Hopefully you'll be able to see my attached image.  There are no chips that I can see but there is crazing?

The four figures look to be made from some type of resin? Someone (possibly my late uncle) has written something underneath each one but can only make out 'happy' under one of them and possibly 'prosperity' under another.

Any info about these fellas would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Bunnykins Footless Egg Cup and other figures

Google is always your friend. If the lion in your backstamp is uncoloured, the egg cup dates 1937-1940. If the lion is coloured brown it dates 1937-1953. You should put "early" in your title as well as the decoration - "rocking chair" "umbrella" Category - Pottery & Glass - Royal Doulton - Bunnykins. These early ones apparenty attract a higher price but the crazing will bring it down - lots of these were unused and as new. You need a photo of the inside as well. Perhaps start at $15 and hope for $19-$25? If the crazing is dis-coloured (hard to tell from photo) perhaps start lower.  I don't think it is a rare pattern.

The figures are of Chinese Gods symbolising various things - Prosperity, happiness etc as the labels say. If they are resin, they look 1950's 1960's tourist things to me - but I am no expert. I would think little value but someone may know better. Good luck.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Re: Bunnykins Footless Egg Cup and other figures

Many thanks for that information.  I shall tackle google some more and see how I go. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply