Glass Birds. Anyone Recognise The Sticker Please?

Hi everyone 🙂

My sister is clearing out her stuff so she gave me this box of ...well...junk.

I sorted through it and found some interesting stuff though, like these glass birds. They look handblown on a pre-made perch. There a two of them and one has a sticker underneath. 

At first I thought Murano, but it's obviously not. Any idea anyone?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

i think its made on the island burana ,venice which is usually associated with lace. its the other island murano thats known for glass usually.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ok thanks LL, I'll go google it. I couldn't figure out the first letter, thinking it was Durana.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

hmmm. nothing on the web but found another another one under burana glass birds on ebay. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

i cant find anything sorry 🙂

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I have only just spotted this thread.

Firstly, there are no glass furnaces on the island of BURANO.

Like the tourist glass trade in Venice mainland shops today, most of the lace on Burano is imported too..

The bird could be made by Formia on Murano.  It looks their style.

The stand was originally designed by Barbini at Cenedese in the 1950's but subsequently copied by other furnaces.

I am not familiar with the label on the bird....I suspect it is a Chinese/Russian/South America copy.

I don''t mean to rain on your parade, but .....it could be a Formia piece.  Do not rely on labels any way.....cheats  move them from piece to piece.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I have only just spotted this thread.

Firstly, there are no glass furnaces on the island of BURANO.

Like the tourist glass trade in Venice mainland shops today, most of the lace on Burano is imported too..

The bird could be made by Formia on Murano.  It looks their style.

The stand was originally designed by Barbini at Cenedese in the 1950's but subsequently copied by other furnaces.

I am not familiar with the label on the bird....I suspect it is a Chinese/Russian/South America copy.

I don''t mean to rain on your parade, but .....it could be a Formia piece.  Do not rely on labels any way.....cheats  move them from piece to piece.

thanks for clearing that up freshwater 🙂

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Waves to LL. :-x

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply