Coins, Stamps, Collectables & Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

taronga zoo penguin

my latest find is this lovely penguin (unfortunately his beak is broken and stuck back on) marked on base adelie penguin in same ''writing'" as Taronga Zoo on the front. could it be a GS ? or later? he's big, approx 13cm tall

User avatar by Community Member
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Kookaburra

I know we did a discussion on kookaburra's a while back, one of them was the one made/decorated by Daisy Merton. I felt sure that this particular one had a (for want of a better word) "hooked' tip on the beak. I know I have one that I thought was Dai...

• 32 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Help With Identifying Item

Hi guys, Would anyone have any idea of what this is and what it could possibly be worth? I'm thinking it's like an old urn/thermos but I'd like clarification if possible. It is about 38cm high and weighs about 4.5kg. Any info would be greatly appreci...

• 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Whats a worth?

I have a cup,saucer,plate set commemorating the visit to Australia of the Queen and Duke in 1954. What would something like this be worth, the setting is in very good condition.It is bone china made by Taylor and Kent in England We also have a drinki...

Grandparrot

I have been sitting here for the last half hour trying to find where I told you we were going to be Grandparrots, can't find it anywhere and can't believe I didn't tell you already. Well the news is, we are Grandparrots, we have at least one baby par...

• 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful

My little find. Need help

I have found this vase and would like to know if anyone knows anything about it. There are no markings and I don't really know what the design would be called. It is either a duck or some kind of bird with a basket on its head. The colour is like gre...

• 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

Pewter Australian Bicentenary Plate

Hello, I am wondering if this plate is collectable or rather if it is worth selling. It has some interesting milestones on it. The plate is quite heavy & has a few marks on the back. The small plaque in the centre looks like it may have come off at s...

• 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful

A bit freaky

A bit freaky . Driving past a council throw out … looks interesting … some old junk … (rust & dust sells) . I can never drive pass a throw-out without looking . Some bits and pieces .. a nice lidded Chinese vase . I know nothing about Chinese vases, ...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful

INXS Platter

My friend picked this up the other day and was hoping someone out there could shed more light on the platter. Not sure which Jon it was made for or if others were made for the rest of the band. Have found the website of the maker of the platter,but n...