Gold Cross Pottery mark - Australian?

Can anyone tell me anything about the pottery 'Gold Cross'?
An hour long web search only brings up one other piece (and that poster was asking for information also).

Vase is 16.5cms high.IMG_1425.JPG

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

IMG_1420.JPG

Oh darn. A sideways image. ( Please tilt your moniter )

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Sorry no idea - never seen it before. But the fact that the only reference Google can find is also in Australia would suggest it originated here. There were  a million lots of small back yard potteries in the 1950's, I would suggest this is around the date. If it  was English (which is what is looks like) it should certainly have England or Made in England incorporated in the backstamp. The fact that it has no country of origin suggests to me it was made for local consumption, here in Oz.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for that. l really do not like unknown pieces because l struggle to know what to price them at.
1950's sounds about right as the house lot l purchased has many pieces around that era.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Have you seen this? It might be worth emailing the owner to see if they ever found out more about it.

"Hi, my name is Linley I have a piece of pottery that no one seems to be able to identify. It is an old vase in greens & blues with embossed flower & buds. The base has a large drawn cross with "gold cross pottery" printed into the clay then glazed over. some one suggested it could be an early Tasmanian potter. I can’t seem to find much on Tasmania potters. If you could help I'd be very grateful. Cheers Linley O'Loughlin linleyoloughlin@aapt.net.au"

http://tasmanianceramics.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/February-2006-Newsletter.pdf

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, l saw that. Was the only othe reference to the maker that l found.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

xhx_ant
Community Member

Hi this as far as i know is Derbyshire but not as common as other Derbyshire. Great to see the mark. Cheers Anthony 

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

SIX years Later. Really?

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Here is a copy of the salesman's price list for Gold Cross Pottery.Gold Cross Pottery price list.jpeg

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Now 7 years.

Ambridge hasn't been on the boards for several and is no longer a registered user, so your non-information won't be seen by her.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply