Gorgeous German boy doll - more pics next post

So long since I have been on the discussion boards, years probably! I found these two dolls today and one of them I am really interested in. The little boy I think is a Gebruder Heubach doll just from what I see on eBay. He is stamped Germany but I can't work out what it says above that. I love his little knitted outfit. There are some markings 'RF 89' written on there too. Would that be that someone may have done some work to him in 1989? The sleeping doll has markings '6882A HV' but I am guessing she is modern?

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I'll take a guess as I had a few hand made porcelain dolls a couple of years ago, all made in the 1980s at a prcelain doll shop/ craft group in Melbourne.

my guess would be that the RF 89 is the person who moulded and painted the face, in 1989

it was a very popular hobby in the 80s seems to not be so many groups around these days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you! I was thinking the same. I guess that it had 'Germany' on the back tricked me. Would the mould have had the markings 'Germany' on it?

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

judymichelle
Community Member

Waves to everyone

Just passing thru your german bisque head doll composition body is genuine. I know the makers mark but off top of my head I`m blank as. Will look in my doll book later and let you know. How talll is he?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Waves to judymichelle ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Sorry judymichelle, have only just go back here. We are doing extension mostly ourselves to save money and it takes all our time. He is approx 28cm tall and very handsome. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

he's adorable

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

The doll marked Germany is a Gebruder Heubach mold, possibly #7602, and probably a reproduction. (do an ebay search for completed auction # 261152088067)

He is known as a 'pouty' and the antique Heubach pouty dolls are much sought after.

He is beautifully painted and looks antique in the photo but the mark on his neck indicates that he was made and painted by RF in 1989. It is the accepted practice to mark reproduction dolls in this way so that they cannot be mistaken for antique.

He appears to have been marked in the paint used for his mouth.

He looks a lovely doll but unfortunately reproductions do not sell for a great deal.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thankyou so much for your time Warranyah, I really appreciate it. It's a shame it's a reproduction. I love the little knitted outfit that has been knitted for him though. Off to check him out that item number. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Back again, sorry. I put that number into seach and it didn't bring anything up. Is that how to seach the completed listing?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply