Japanese Vase information please

Im hoping someone can read the marking on this Japanese vase. I cant quite read the english words (Maluin fire??) and definitely cannot read the Japanese.  Im hoping it has a manufacture date.  Any ideas or info greatly appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The markings underneath

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

upon using a magnifying glass its probable 'made in China' on the bottom inscription lol
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Yes it says Made in China and the characters are Chinese.

Nice vase though or perhaps should I say a storage jar for something as it has a lid.

It appears to be trying to copy Japanese satsuma style.

image host
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yes the style is very similar, easy to make the mistake. For the life of me I couldn't make out the characters until I posted this. Ive researched the jar and am still confused as they range from $50 to $2000. I thins the marker on the bottom will tell the full story - I would love someone to be able to read this for me......
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Hi there,

It reads from right to left "Jingdezhen Guangming Porcelain Factory"

It's mass produced copy of Japanese Satsuma. Made in at 1980-90.

You can buy them for around $20 at Bunnings. Those ones you see on ebay dont know they are not Satsuma.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for that information, much appreciated. Question though, when you said they can be purchased at Bunnings yet they were manufactured 1980-90? This would make them around 30 odd years of age. Can you clarify the Bunnings info. I did have a couple of chinese people read the chinese wording for me (facebook just now) as they said it read "made in china' in chinese and also in english. So where is the Jingdezhen Guangming writing. Im confused, cheers
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

WHy can you buy at Bunnings. Because there was sooooo many of them made. The last two charrcters say China Made the first few characters tell which factory.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply