Potters Cottage Warrandyte Vic..... a Tribute Exhibition

The five founding members from 1958 were Reg Preston, Phyl Dunn, Artur Halpern, Gus McLaren and Charles Wilton; three additional members from 1961 were Sylvia Halpern, Elsa Ardern and Kate Janeba and the final member was Peter Laycock in 1969. The only founding member who was not a potter was the architect John Hipwell who acted as the group’s President.

a glimps of rarely seen works from private collections will be at the Manningham Art Gallery's new exhibition POTTERS COTTAGE; A TRIBUTE.

the exhibition features work from the founding members of the influential art co-operative and a selection of work by contemporary artists, architectural plans and archival documents from the early days of the Potters Cottage.

Showing September 5 to Nov. 10 tuesdays to Saturdays 11am to 5pm

Manningham City Square 687 Doncaster Rd Doncaster

``

found this in the local paper today.... may be of interest to some of our Victorian eBayers

~Lyndel

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Potters Cottage Warrandyte Vic..... a Tribute Exhibition

Thanks Lyndel. A shame it's not in the city so I could see it when I'm down in two weeks.  Couldn't get there with Sean, a tad too far with no car/public transport. 😞

~ Mon ~
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

when will you be here and for how long?  maybe, just maybe we could arrange a meet up and I could take you out there!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Lyndel, I will be there from Tues (late arvo) 11th to Thursday night 13th Sept. I won't be able to travel in a car as I'll have Sean and he needs a car seat.  I have a couple of things I'd like to do down there but will depend on public transport.  One day will be with Kate & Sean, the other with Sean on my own.  Maybe we could just meet up somewhere for a coffee anyway. 🙂

~ Mon ~
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

ok Mon sounds good.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks for the information, will certainly be visiting this exhibition.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply