Reporting fake 1930 penny's works

Previously fake 1930 penny's being auctioned have been sold to unsuspecting buyers, proven through feedback posted on these items. I have personally reported these items as have others to see them sold anyway. I am absolutely stoked tonight that 2 particular fake 1930 penny's were removed by ebay after only 15 minutes of me reporting them. This is an excellent step forward ebay and makes me more confident in purchasing items from this site. Ebayer users, this should reinstall faith in ebay once more that reporting fraudulent or fake items does work and they do get noticed quickly. Keep reporting these items ppl 🙂
Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Reporting fake 1930 penny's works

OP does not seem to be around - I have messaged privately with a link to

https://pages2.ebay.com.au/eBay_Money_Back_Guarantee

Hopefully that will work for them.

Message 21 of 36
Latest reply

OP probably won't be around haha but my post was for pavi who purchased a fake coin on 31/8/18

Message 22 of 36
Latest reply

Sorry - my error. I meany pavi as well.

Message 23 of 36
Latest reply

The coin arrived today went strait to a local coin expert and it's absolutely fake $510 Is a lot of toilet paper I really hope that other people out there aren't as stupid as me to fall for that but it is my stupidity that bid on it and I will be reporting it to ebay and will try and get my money back
Message 24 of 36
Latest reply

The coin arrived today went strait to a local coin expert and it's absolutely fake $510 Is a lot of toilet paper I really hope that other people out there aren't as stupid as me to fall for that but it is my stupidity that bid on it and I will be reporting it to ebay and will try and get my money back
Message 25 of 36
Latest reply

And I did pay for it through PayPal
Message 26 of 36
Latest reply

Sorry you have had this experience but do try to follow the steps as set out in the link

that I suggested in my message to you. That is exactly what the eBay Money Back Guarantee is supposed to be for, so you should not give up until it recompenses you.

Message 27 of 36
Latest reply

As suggested, open a case for INAD in eBay and the seller will need to send you a postage label for it's return.

If for some reason the case fails then you can open a case in PayPal citing fake item and often they won't insist on a fake being returned but that you destroy the item.

But start with eBay as you cannot do it the other way around.

And don't miss the deadline for leaving feedback to warn others, 60 days.

After your refund I suggest - Buyer beware, seller selling counterfeit coins. (Don't mention the case)

image host
Message 28 of 36
Latest reply

Ok cheers thanks for the advice I did contact ebay today and they sent both of us a msg for a request of return item and refund I don't really think anything is going to happen regarding refund but here's hoping
Message 29 of 36
Latest reply

As any seller will tell you, it is not the seller who decides in such a case, it is eBay. From what I see you have an open and shut case. If the seller refuses or ignores you, escalate to a INAD case as kopes said. Follow the steps given in

though eBay themselves should have advised you on the next step. Do not give up, go way, or close the case until you have the refund money in your PayPal account.

Message 30 of 36
Latest reply