Vintage light fittings?

Hi i want to know if these are vintage or not. There are 3. The only reasons i think they are vontage is they are imperfect. One has this ridge on the inside and thats in one of the photos. I havent posted on here in a long time so gotta see how many photos i can post. They are about a hand long and there is a weird vv mark on all of them. Also there are fleck that are in the glass. They are very thick glass as well. Does anyone know what they are? I have no clue

light.jpg

light1.jpg

light1.jpg

light3.jpg

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Vintage light fittings?

Do YOu think it could be Mosser?

"

• W inside a circle…….. In some cases, the “M inside a circle” mark used by Mosser Glass Company, Cambridge, OH, appears (when viewed upside down) to be a W inside a circle because of slightly diagonal strokes of the two “legs” of the letter. This appears mostly on upscale novelty glassware and repro ornamental ware, not on utilitarian bottles. Please check the M entries concerning Mosser near the top of this page, showing a pic of this mark."

they appear to be mouthblown from a frosted pendant candelabra or chandelier - around the art nouveau era.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

Pendant light fittings like this

light.jpg

It looks to be an etched mark - I don't think it would have anything to do with a bottle manufacturer. I would assume original, though without the fittings it would be difficult to use. Also unfortunately this is the kind of thing that has been extensively reproduced; you can find similar these days in almost every lighting shop. I have a Daum hanging light in very similar tones - if I had to guess, I would guess French, Art Nouveau style as already said. 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

Oh i dont know as i dont know much about this field or type of object. Yes it is like a m inside a circle when the object is upside down but not etched. It feels like the symbol is a sticker...which definately means it is not vintage i guess. i cant imagine how someone makes a sticker like this. What is a Utilitarian bottle? I cant sort out the link you sent me. Theres too much on the page to find what you describe.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

It feels more like a glossy sticker now that i touch it today which is odd. Yes that item does look similar in a lot of ways. Ah a reproduction yeah i think it is. So what i thought was a mistake in or flaw is probably just because of mass production. Thanks will sell them as reproductions and art Nouveau style

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

Mosser made more than bottles.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

I can see lots of attractive USA kitchen ware, but nothing that looks like Art Nouveau style light fittings.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

Mosser marks are impressed into the glass.  Not stamped

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Vintage light fittings?

Sorry i didnt see there were further replies. I dont know why i never get emails when someone posts a reply.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply