What is it?

go-tazz
Community Member

Another one of the items that we don't have a clue about,(anyone know what it is please).

It's about 12 cm long.

IMG_4807.JPG

At least I found out why my mouse was misbehaving,(my "mouse pad" was a bit worn).

Good thing I have few more in the shed,(the back of a lino floor tile is perfect as a mouse pad),good.gif

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is it?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif

Questions....

Is it metal?

Does that oval end part move at all?

Is that oval empty?  (Not a good pic Tazz)

Is the other end pointy?

If it's pointy, it could be a hat pin.

I use the cork side of a worn out place mat for a mouse pad.     yahoo-funny-smiling-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

What is it?

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Questions....

Is it metal?

Does that oval end part move at all?

Is that oval empty?  (Not a good pic Tazz)

Is the other end pointy?

I use the cork side of a worn out place mat for a mouse pad.     yahoo-funny-smiling-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

I have a misbehaving mouse also, the pointer jumps around, was that what yours was doing? Seems it is the mousemat, but I cannot see a thing wrong with it, good quality Fellows mat, is clean, can't see any worn spots.

As for you mystery object...a pipe cleaner maybe??

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

I don't know but I would'nt want to sit on it

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

Thanks,give_rose.gif

It is metal,it only flexes if you push at the top bit,(both sides move out a bit).

There is nothing in it,(looks like it supposed to hold something).

That long thing is a pin and the other bit is like a stretchy watch band material and it has a hole on one side.

So a hat pin would make sense but to hold what?

IMG_4808.JPG

IMG_4809.JPG

The new mouse pad has all the right "rough" bits so it's behaving well now,(it's great having a 30 x 30 cm mousepad that's waterproof as I've knocked the occasional can over),blush-1.gif

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

@shoppingbag* wrote:

I have a misbehaving mouse also, the pointer jumps around, was that what yours was doing? Seems it is the mousemat, but I cannot see a thing wrong with it, good quality Fellows mat, is clean, can't see any worn spots.

As for you mystery object...a pipe cleaner maybe??

My pointer wasn't moving correctly,(sometimes gets stuck and other times moved where it wasn't supposed to

due to the surface being smoother,(it's working as it should now since getting the "new mouse pad).

Sometimes the bottom of the optical mouse gets a bit dirty so I have to wipe it to make it work,good.gif

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

I'm glad that when I first time saw it,only the band was showing and I grabbed it from there,Corny_cleaning-glasses.gif

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

It's always good to wipe the bottom regularly.

If it's a hatpin maybe the hole is to hold a feather.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

I was thinking a scarf pin, so you're not flapping your scarf around in the wind

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

What is it?

@imastawka wrote:

Is the other end pointy?

I've come across another smimilar one that is a hat pin,(so hat pin it is and I presume it's to hold something),good.gif

f074f1866af497ef416068907f68d56e.jpg

My first thought was cigar holder because it looked like it was a bit smoke stained but that might have been

due to it being used as a "roach" holder maybe,blush-1.gif

More likely to have material or feathers in it?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply