Why do reproduction postcards not have their own category ?

Authentic period postcards and reproduction postcards should not be placed together on Ebay. 

Reproduction cards should be seachable separately as they tend to 'flood' the general postcard category and make searching for genuine authentic postcards cards more difficult.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Why do reproduction postcards not have their own category ?

I can understand your frustration. However eBay’s categories are at their discretion and often do not seem to make much sense. For example, why would you have a Reproduction sub-category inside Antique, Vintage Jewellery? And then there is the sad fact that here on eBay Oz we have far fewer useful categories than other larger eBay sites. For example the only Silver category we have here is within Antiques, so you have quite modern (1980’s) silver items listed there, because there is no other suitable category for them.

However back to your problem. It you ticked Used + Not Specified for Condition, you could eliminate any postcards categorised as New. And most of these reproduction postcards seem to come from overseas, so you could specify Australia Only. And then you could do a search –copy –reproduction , ticking of course include description – I still have 39,000 odd in my Search results, but it is a lot better than nearly 6 million. I sell a lot of postcards, and somehow or other people tend to find the ones they are interested in. I suspect that for postcards (as for a lot of items in the Collectables category) people are searching for something really specific, and not merely trawling through a category. I always think it doesn’t really matter what category you list in, if someone is really looking for it, they will find it. Anyway, Merry Christmas! (answered between Champagne Brunch and making the Pavola for Christmas dinnerSmiley Very Happy)

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply