help to identify this bracelet please??

i have aquired this unusual bracelet and was hoping someone might have some insight as to its origins. it looks to be hammered and has aztec or egyptian markings. any help would be great. thanks

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: help to identify this bracelet please??

does it have any marks on the back?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As suggested, without knowing markings it is very difficult. It could be European or Italian silver gilt (in which case there would be a tiny 800, 830, 925 stamp somewhere). It could be Middle Eastern silver gilt, in which case there will again be marks - this time small raised Arabic type symbols. The decorative scenes looks South American / Mexican - both would have a 925 stamp. Or it could just be a gilt metal costume bracelet.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

it has a small marking on the back of it but i am unsure of what it is. also the the ends dont seem to be cut properly, they have the the outline of corners but some are still straight, and some are round. it looks hand made if that makes sense. there is also no tarnish to the metal at all, it has the look of silver. i do beleive it is silver

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@harleymaxx16 wrote:

it has a small marking on the back of it but i am unsure of what it is. also the the ends dont seem to be cut properly, they have the the outline of corners but some are still straight, and some are round. it looks hand made if that makes sense. there is also no tarnish to the metal at all, it has the look of silver. i do beleive it is silver

Sorry it looks golden on my screen - I assumed it was gilded. Is it possible to photograph this marking - otherwise helping is difficult. I see what you mean about the corners of of the links but really if it was hand made, I would expect it to be finished better - more opportunity for hand finishing you see.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

In the absence of any markings to say otherwise I do know that there were bracelets like this around in the 1960s when I was a teenager and they were a dime a dozen...definitely only costume jewellery, bordering on junk.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply