would love some help with this Fragonard Brooch

i have this Fragonard Brooch that i would love some help with identifying the hallmarks on the back. any help would be great. i know it is at least 100 years old as my great grandmother owned it

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: would love some help with this Fragonard Brooch

I'd say its costume and the mark aren't hallmarks but makers marks and numbers. there is someone who can tell you more who posts here.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

I'm sorry to disappoint you but as lakeland says, this is costume jewellery made in the 1950's-1970's by an Australian manufacturer named Barcs. The little crowned shield was their trademark - the letters and numbers are the design number. There are collectors for Australian made costume jewellery, but its value (without seeing the front) is quite low; the Fragonard scenes were transfer printed. Of course your Great-Granny owned it, but it was probably a present she got in 1960. I'll try to anwer your other query as well.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Spoiler
thankyou so much for your reply, any answers about this have been great. its value is sentimental so value i dont mind too much about, thaNKS again

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply