Apple store found my iphone is FAKE. I bought it 6 month before, Seller no help, ebay as well.

prize12
Community Member

I asked to Seller for full refund as I showed them Apple Store proof of FAKE, then they says $20 partial refund!

I need full refund.  Ebay doesn't help. Paypal... not helpful. Anyone one has good advice? Thank you.

Your previous message

I have CERTIFICATE from OFFICIAL Apple Store, IT IS A PROOF THE PHONE YOU ARE SELLING FAKE.

Hello 
Please accept our sincerely and deeply apology for all frustration you experienced. For your case, could you kindly accept 20AUD refund as compensation and you take it to your local repair store to fix it? Please tell us the result.
We will try our best to make you satisfied. 

Felicity

Your previous message

I had already said to you, my phone doesn't turn on. You are completely useless. You need refund money to me asap. 
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Apple store found my iphone is FAKE. I bought it 6 month before, Seller no help, ebay as well.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There is nothing you can do after this length of time....6 months is the maximum time you have for a claim through paypal.

Surely you do not expect the Chinese seller to roll over and give you a refund.

There are some things you should never buy on ebay and mobile phones is one of them.....the phones from overseas are almost always fakes and you have no warranty of any sort.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal, thank you for your comments. I will take to local repair shop to fix screen LCD, that Apple store guy said. I will ever trust Chinese seller any more... Regards,
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Did you fund the payment with a credit card?

If yes then call the bank and see if it is not too late to issue a chargeback.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Don't blame chinese sellers, blame a poor ebay system

i've used ebay for selling and buying for years, in a short period of time i've found amazon more honourable then ebay/payal

firstly paypal ONLY gives false sense of security, they don't really protect anyone EVEN with PHYISCAL evidence, this 180day guarantee is a lie and i've won ONE case out of a bunch i've filed, i've lost so much money. I've had ebay instances where i purchased a pre-order for a collectible the seller closed their account and left, and ebay did NOTHING and told me to try and contact them (lol what?) despite they don't exist no more and told me they can't tell me anything about them or where they are located so ebay ITSELF let me down

amazon has a purchase list that REMEMBERS what you've bought through the years, it NEVER disappears, you can give or alter feedback ANYTIME you want. If you make a purchase by mistake you can INSTANTLY close it eg. i accidentally bought a calendar (worth a few dollars) and found out the US seller charges over $70USD for postage (scared the **bleep** out of me, but i stopped the sale WITHOUT contacting the seller) with just a few clicks, SUPER EASY

ebay sucks because when you've been wronged you want to punish the wrongdoers if you can't get your money back then I'll settle for changing their feedback to negative feedback, but you can't even do that because the item listing disappears and even if you're lucky and its not THAT long ago and the item is still on ebay servers but its past its 30days ebay won't allow you to give them feedback...why?? they should also allow an option to RATE a seller and leave a comment of their dispicable actions. If i can't get my money back I need the option to warn other customers of the evil seller

Ebay is a old invention by now and it has NOT evolved to protect customers properly

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

First of all if the seller just disappeared off ebay you can be sure that they were closed down by ebay.....it sounds as though your item was a fake anyway as this is one reason for ebay closing down a seller.

Did you open a paypal dispute for Item Not Received.  As long as it was not longer than 6 months you should have been covered by paypal protection and received a full refund.

It is hardly ebay's fault that you do not know the system.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838DO KNOW the sytem i've been buying and selling from ebay for YEARS

paypal did NOT refund me back and ebay did squat to help me, don't attack the victim here pls 

as stated i've won only ONE case, i've had orders not come, pre-orders of collectibles not fullfilled, ebay didn't pay me back and just said they can't do anything about it, paypal doesn't refund sh*t they just close the case without any feedback of what happened and I didn't get my money back. I've had one case where a smart watch was covered in scratches sent pictures and once again cased was closed no explanation and not even some partial refund

i find it offensive that you're implying its MY fault for not knowing the system, what system is that?? getting treated like **bleep** by fraudulent sellers?? if this was the case there wouldn't be facebook pages made voicing unhappy customers hating on ebay and paypal

p.s the problem here is the system itself i.e its flawed not your opinion is: "its your own problem for not understanding the flaws in it in the first place" seriously?? whats wrong with you??

note: for starters they should stop sellers from selling pre-orders because if it goes over the 30 day mark (which it will hence it being a preorder) you can't do squat, also if you have proof of fake items, broken items, items that don't match the discription you should get FULL refund

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

I have not had to open a lot of disputes for either Not As Described or Not Received but I have never had a claim knocked back.

I can't imagine what went wrong with your claims to not get a refund unless you left it too late to open a dispute.

As for PreOrders......ebay only allows listings for 21 days prior to the release of the item.  If you were paying further in advance than that then you were asking for trouble.

You can be as offended all you like, but the system does work if you follow the rules.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

download (1).jpg

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

download (1).jpg

Don't tell me it is a dead thread.....I didn't drag it up......my answers were posted when it was current.

It is the Mods that dragged it up.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply