Got scammed by eBay/PayPal fraudster. Where and how to resolve?

The item was purchased on REMOVED Says it will arrive in the UK on 10th - 11th April 2019 but never shipped out by the seller,
who canceled the transaction days later, but did not refund the money and totally no responsive at all. eBay failed to solve the problem while pointing out that PayPal has something to do with it since the transaction was made via PayPal.(I haven't had PayPal acct before). And still.. PayPal fails to investigate and resolve this fraud issue too.

So.. who the hell should investigate this fraud and refund my money if it wasn't eBay and/or PayPal .. ??

Estimated delivery: Apr 10 - Apr 11

Transaction date April 7th, 2019

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I haven't looked up the actual transaction but did notice you are registered as in Malaysia.

If you bought on 7 April, I would have thought delivery to UK by 10-11 April was a bit optimistic myself. Are you sure that was the delivery estimate for international items and not just within Malaysia?

But if you buy an item and it does not arrive on time and shows no signs of even being posted, I can't understand why you can't open an ebay claim for item not received.

Did you actually open an official claim or did you just ring ebay? If you didn't open a claim, do so immediately. Don't even leave it another 24 hours as time may be running out for an ebay claim.

If it is too late for that, then open an official paypal claim. Don't just ring and talk to someone, open a claim.

Usually the seller gets a chance to respond or provide evidence but if the item has not been posted, then I can't see why you would not get your money back.

That's the way it usually works here in Australia, in any case, but I can't see why it would be vastly different in Malaysia.

I forgot to add, once you open a claim, you also have to monitor it, don't leave it hanging. I once had to claim from paypal. I had to wait a week and then finalise it to confirm & get my refund.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Since you paid via PayPal just open a case for INR.

Open it in eBay and if the time has expired then open it in PayPal.

image host
Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Did anyone google the seller ? lol, he's looking for love on Korean Cupids.

OP probably won't come back so just as well they haven't lost any huge amount of money.

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I'm guessing not. They might have realised they are on the Aussie boards

Or did'nt like the replies

Or got the info they needed (re actually opening a dispute)and did'nt feel inclined to say thanks

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Yes, my eBay account was opened during I was living in Malaysia. Now living in the UK.

The estimated delivery (Apr 10 - Apr 11) was confirmed by eBay in one of the emails stating that the delivery will be shipped to the UK.

I actually opened an official claim on eBay but was dismissed says that the transaction was made not from EU countries, that is eBay Malaysia. Saying that the transaction was made through PayPal Malaysia (I have never authorized this transaction because I have no account on the PayPal platform). The eBay customer service also states the PayPal transaction ID.

Yes. I did contact PayPal but the problem is I had to open PayPal account.  Once I got my PayPal account open I did make a claim but the transaction ID number wasn't there.. being contacting PayPal staff.. Have tried several times to contact PalPal Malaysia and get tired of dealing with a bunch of lazy staff who do not know what they are doing. Keeping on repeating to do the same thing in a different way but nothing is solving the problem.

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

Had tried some time but both not working.

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Had already tried contacting the seller, several times, but totally not responsive at all. Smell like scammer tho.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@johann.m.c wrote:

I actually opened an official claim on eBay but was dismissed says that the transaction was made not from EU countries, that is eBay Malaysia. Saying that the transaction was made through PayPal Malaysia (I have never authorized this transaction because I have no account on the PayPal platform). The eBay customer service also states the PayPal transaction ID.

Are you saying that you did not pay with paypal?   Or that you paid through payal but not with a paypal account?

If you paid with paypal but not using an account you would have to open an account in order to open a dispute.

If you have now opened a paypal account and the transaction is now showing in that account try opening s dispute directly in paypal.

The transaction must be showing in your paypal account before you can ope a dispute.

If you have tried opening the dispute before the transaction was showing you may have to ring paypal and ask them to open the dispute as a courtesy as you are not able to re-open a dispute that has closed.

Yes. I did contact PayPal but the problem is I had to open PayPal account.  Once I got my PayPal account open I did make a claim but the transaction ID number wasn't there.. being contacting PayPal staff.. Have tried several times to contact PalPal Malaysia and get tired of dealing with a bunch of lazy staff who do not know what they are doing. Keeping on repeating to do the same thing in a different way but nothing is solving the problem.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

No, I did not pay with PayPal. I do not have a PayPal account. I pay direct to eBay via my CC. It’s eBay whose allowed their affiliate like PayPal to take over the transaction from my CC, without acknowledged and my permission at the first place. It's only coming to my knowledge of this information by one of eBay Customer Service after having scammed by eBay seller. He/She supplies me with this 'PayPal transaction ID 4HA89035KA577125Y'.

Had tried opening a PayPal account but later found out that the transaction number (4HA89035KA577125Y) is not available in that resolution window. And without it how can I make any disputes?

PayPal asks me to put down my CC detail. I later closed the account as to avoid another scam attempt PayPal.

See attachment...

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply