Can anyone tell me why it costs approximately 5 times more to list an item for saon Ebay in Australi

Why does it cost approximately 5 times more to list an item for sale on Ebay Australia than it does by listing an item for sale on Ebay US?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Can anyone tell me why it costs approximately 5 times more to list an item for saon Ebay in Australi

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Different sites, different rules and different price structures.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Aus - 40 free lists per month. Then $1.65 - 3.85 per listing..........FVF - 10.9% capped at $440.

USA - 50 free lists per month. Then 0.30 per listing.....................FVF - 10% capped at $750.

So considering the FVF is capped higher that is perhaps one of the reasons listing fees are cheaper in USA as well as the sheer numbers are far greater in USA. Australia is only a small market.

(Keeping in mind each site prices are in respective local currencies)

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

We get gipped everywhere.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Apples  V  Oranges

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

13 month old thread Punky. Mods have been at it again and it's driving us nuts! There is no point in moving these old threads. It serves no purpose whatsoever.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

maybe there are performance targets in play here.  The people moving the threads have to indicate ‘what’ they actually do on these boards to justify their job!

On what planet does a year old thread qualify as the ‘Latest Topic’?

311DFA43-5BA6-4879-B1B3-A5B70AAB4739.jpeg

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

That is my thought as well. 

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Change that to

Rotten Apples  V  Mouldy Oranges

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Basic store of $25 a month will let you do 600 free listings
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply