I have to sign in to my ebay page every time i click on reply to a question. why?

Over the last few weeks or so i have been extremely annoyed with wasting time having to sign into my ebay EVERY time i click on reply in my messages box. As soon as i hit REPLY i get sent straight to sign in. I sometimes have 20 messages to answer each morning and then again later in the day there are more and it is really really annoying and unecessary.  It's a load of rubbish and i think i know why it's happening but cant be sure? I personally believe it is ebays way of scanning every reply to see if any contact info or dealings are going on out of ebay. I reckon it is linked somehow to a scanner that reads every answer i send by activating the scanner when i log back in. I would most certainly be told totally the opposite if i was to ask ebay directly which i am going to do. I also think it's pretty rough they don't show a contact email that i can use to contact them. Pretty weak in this age of technology!  If i ring them, i am afraid i will get someone who has such a broad accent they are almost impossible to understand, been there done that. Live chat may be an option but sometimes it it would be much easier and quicker to send an email in a busy environment such as i have.

While i am griping i will also add another tactic i have discovered recently. I have been asked several times by members who use direct debit to pay me, for my BSB number. It has mysteriously been removed and placed into the RIB box which i am told is a country banking code for France! I did not move the number? Who did? I have 3 sites and all are the same. I firmly believe ebay are discouraging buyers from paying direct debit and may be rearranging the BSB position so buyers cant see it. They then think Oh stuff it, i will just pay with pay pal. How convenient for ebay and pay pal. I may be wrong but my gut feeling leans that way?

Any one else agree? Or any other comments regrds the above?

Mike E

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have to sign in to my ebay page every time i click on reply to a question. why?

Without too much punctuation and paragraph splitting your post was very hard to read, so I have to admit I only scanned it through.

However, have you tried clearing cache and cookies then rebooting your computer? Also if you happen to be using IE as your browser, swap to Firefox or Chrome since IE is no longer supported by eBay.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Try this, may be it is your computer and not eBay, If NBN or ADSL turn off the computer and the router at the wall. Reboot the whole system. Run your anti-virus, such as McAfee, or Windows Defender, and do a full scan. Then clear all cookies, history and cached data.

Then turn off power for the computer and router and NBN equipment at the wall again.

After 5 minutes reboot. Then try to log on.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply